want to know what 3" lift with 2" shackles and 33 looks like? (1 Viewer)

want to know if there are any pictues of fj60/fj62 of 3" lift, 2" extended shackles with 33'? post pics please !!! thanks!

TheGr8Doughboy said:
VTcruiser... you've posted that first pic before... is your body against the bank? How did it fare? any after pictures?

Good lookin truck
thanks, it WAS a good looking truck.... No damage from that trip but LOTS of damage from a return trip :doh:

Bother fenders, both rear quarters/tailights, both front doors. My rear quarters and doors were rusty anyway so i didn't care, but the damage to my near-perfect foreign fenders KILLED me. Both need replacing now. But hey, it all part of the game. I decided to go with a new rust free body (might have found one already!) and i have already found a drivers side foreign fender.

But until i get around to the body work, i got nothing to lose... ;)

I just put on the 2.5 inch HFS greasable shackle lift. The front turned out great but the rear sags and almost rubs the tire. any advice on how to level it out (WITHOUT BUSTING THE WALLET)

Tomy said:
VTcruiser, is it just a 3" lift or you got extended shackles?
~1" springs + 2" LIFT shackles (4" over stock :eek: ) = 3" overall. Shackles were supposed to be temporary, but I decided to go with the turbo before SOA. Handles fine though with the catser shims.

FL cruiser that is what i was looking for; thanks a lot. i am going to go with that!!! good looking truck man!

I'll do some measuring in the AM and post results.
I had to extend the rear brake line.
Also put 4 degree caster shims between the front leaf springs and housing to compensate for the shackles.
Longer than stock shackles aren't really neccesary for 33" tires with a Dakar lift, but I got them because I originally planned on running 34" tires.

nuclearlemon

not an addict

ok, you're looking for 3" springs and 2" shackles (4-5" lift)...i've got 4" springs with 1" shackles (4 1/2" lift)
perry 62605 005 27.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom