Want to dress uo my baby (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My trusty 04 100 with 200k needs new eyes, headlamps.
Sorry but its been a while since I ordered new factory parts and not upto who is recommended for ordering OEM parts these days, please let me know.

New headlamps and fog lights hopefully will help my aging eyes at night.
Thanks

What are we talking about here? Headlamp assembly replacement, different bulbs, projector retrofit, led or hids?

All have been done on here, try a search and you will have plenty of info in front of you to peruse for days.

What are we talking about here? Headlamp assembly replacement, different bulbs, projector retrofit, led or hids?

All have been done on here, try a search and you will have plenty of info in front of you to peruse for days.
Straight factory housing replacement. Just didn't know which dealer person was suppoting members these days.

Your '04 has glass factory headlamps so you shouldn't need to replace the housings unless you've hit something and cracked them? The factory bulbs are pretty lousy especially when compared to a modern xenon bulb. You can't easily and cheaply install xenon bulbs in your factory housing without significant cost and modification, but it can be done and what I would recommend if you're really struggling to see at night. I know some have done it on here with various projectors and I think the ball park cost is $1k.

I replaced the stock bulbs in mine with the Philips HIR 9011 replacing 9005, and HIR 9012 replacing 9006. It's much better than the stock bulbs, but no where near as good as the factory bi-xenons on my son's 2013 VW GTI.

Lots more info here:

Your '04 has glass factory headlamps so you shouldn't need to replace the housings unless you've hit something and cracked them? The factory bulbs are pretty lousy especially when compared to a modern xenon bulb. You can't easily and cheaply install xenon bulbs in your factory housing without significant cost and modification, but it can be done and what I would recommend if you're really struggling to see at night. I know some have done it on here with various projectors and I think the ball park cost is $1k.

I replaced the stock bulbs in mine with the Philips HIR 9011 replacing 9005, and HIR 9012 replacing 9006. It's much better than the stock bulbs, but no where near as good as the factory bi-xenons on my son's 2013 VW GTI.

Lots more info here:

Thanks
Last night I was returning from a conferance and I hit a very heavy storm and was the most challenging driving ever.

I did upgrade to HR9011 years ago but the housing had leaks and got some chips as well and probably need to change the bulbs due to age.

According to my vin#, online Toyota dealers are selling new headlamp assembly for about $200 or so. I was expecting much higher costs so I thought why not replave them.

Last time I needed things CDan and Beno were around, are they still active for selling OEM parts?

After reading the best light bulb thread, I am leaning towards mounting an LED driving light in front of the grill. I even considered an ARB front bumper and add lights but that seems like an overkill.
I have a pair of Bajadesign's squdron lights on my Bmw bike and they are awesome.
Looking behind the grill , there are some solid places to make a mounting bar of a sort to hold a pair of Baja"s S2 and they would provide much needed lighting. I have cut off stainless sheets from my old gas grill to make things so will figure out something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom