Want to ditch the stock carb and smog BS!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

...I did expect to get a vehicle that was sitting for 6 years to run perfectly with ony a new carb installed.

Why even post something like this? 1st off, I did not let it sit for six years, the po did. I just bought it. The extent of running the truck was to drive it around the block, and be sure it shifted through all the gears. I am replacing the t-case, so it would be nice to know if I have tranny problems as well. I was fully aware of the condition of fuel. I'm really not sure what the language comment is about. I will be the first to admit my grammar and spelling are both pretty poor, but certianly not worth an a-hole comment. Again, not really sure of the purpose of this comment. You certianly were of no help. Thanks.

To all others, your help is much appreciated. Thank you all for your opinions and help.

yr first post did not include a link to previous purchase: I read it as 'Yr rig sat'. Just like yr above post sez u expect to get a rig running w/new carb....

Bad comms on both sides doesn't allow for name-calling. We can only reply to what we read, not what you meant to type.

Having flipped several long-sitting vehicles: changing the carb don't do it. Drain, flush, and refill fluids as nec, install new fuel n oil filters/ egr/wipers, batt.
If that don't get it running, it's time to check other systems: alt, water pump, etc.

Language is about a lawyer dude who dings me cuz he claims to not understand my posts.

Purpose of my comment was to encourage more specifics in yr history of the process; meant to be funny, sorry you took it the wrong way.

You mean a fully smogged cruiser vs a webber on a non smogged truck? Or both in the same smog condition?

The problem with most of the "New Carb old Carb" arguments are the same as the shackle reversal arguments. You get people comparing an old setup that was far from optimal to a new much better setup.

The fastest 2F I have ever been in (barring any forced injection or fuel injection) had a stock carb on it and was tuned very well. FWIW

Completely desmogged with Weber and a header is all I have ever done. The same combo with a well tuned stock carb might work very well also. Too late for me to find out.

I dont know my weber on my mini will flat out fly over stock it will have better combustion when I go hei dizzy

I had an '85 pickup with a Weber, a Hooker header, a 20R head and a Clay Smith cam that was about 220 degrees duration at .050". That thing flat out ripped. Unfortuneatly, it used as much gas as does my 350. You can see which one I kept.

mine gets 20 still...........but I am regeared and easy on the skinny pedal
I had an '85 pickup with a Weber, a Hooker header, a 20R head and a Clay Smith cam that was about 220 degrees duration at .050". That thing flat out ripped. Unfortuneatly, it used as much gas as does my 350. You can see which one I kept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom