Want to buy FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all. I've been looking for a 40 to buy for about a year now. Figured I try in here as I've had no luck so far.

Looking for a 76+ as stock as possible. Not looking to do a restoration, so I want something that needs little work. I'd prefer something in the <20K neighborhood, but can go higher (+10K) for the right truck.

If you guys see something, let me know. I live down in Oxford. I don't see any LCs down this way often, although I saw a red FJ40 over in West Grove a couple months ago.

Thanks.

Kurt

Kurt there's a really nice 40 for sale in the Harrisburg area, John Merkey built it. Steel tub, V8 power with a Ranger overdrive. I am trying to get some contact info for you.

Some in our general area that seem to fit your criteria - plus a few others that were thrown in for comparison or because they were interesting (I wish I had a spare $5K for that FJ45…):

1973 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser - $27500: 1973 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser

1978 Toyota FJ45 Land Cruiser - $36500: 1978 Toyota FJ45 Land Cruiser

1974 fj40 for sale - $6000: 1974 fj40 for sale

1971 TOYOTA LANDCRUISER FJ40 RESTORED SHOW CONDITION - $39900: 1971 TOYOTA LANDCRUISER FJ40 RESTORED SHOW CONDITION

1971 Toyota Land Cruiser Fj40 - Yellow - $8500: 1971 Toyota Land Cruiser Fj40 - Yellow

**1964 Land Cruiser pickup FJ45L** - $4900: **1964 Land Cruiser pickup FJ45L**

1976 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser ARIZONA CAR - $37000: 1976 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser ARIZONA CAR

1980 Toyota BJ42 - $19000: 1980 Toyota BJ42

I hadn't looked through all the pictures. The first couple didn't look too bad - but when you have rust holes through the roof…

Like Bono, I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

Still looking for a nice truck that I won't need to work on much (I have too many projects as it is). Willing to spend up to 30k.

Must haves:
76+
no v8s
original body
no difficult to remove mods

I've been stalking the classifieds here, but haven't found anything. I'm trying to find something within a reasonable driving distance. I may have to rethink that at this point.

I don’t really have any leads but you’re actually in my neck of the woods - I’m just south of you in North East, MD. If you wind up finding one and need a hand wrenching on something don’t hesitate to give me a holler!

I don’t really have any leads but you’re actually in my neck of the woods - I’m just south of you in North East, MD. If you wind up finding one and need a hand wrenching on something don’t hesitate to give me a holler!

Thanks!

I am not sure if you have seen this one.

It runs and drives great. You could paint it any color you want. Well below your budget. I would not hesitate to drive it anywhere. Factory power steering, 3:70 gears. It really is a nice truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom