Wanted Want to Buy 79-83 Land Cruiser FJ40 Body (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ40 MATT

SILVER Star
Threads
I have a 79 fj40 and the body on mine was shot. The cowl on my truck is perfect and I have a good tub to put on it. I just need the front floor section, rockerpanels and b pillars. If anyone has a good 79-83 body from the rocker panels back let me know. I have money and have no problem trading parts as well. I live in NJ and would like to find something within NJ or PA if possible. Let me know

Matt:beer:
micormcshea@aol.com

I have a complete 78fj40 with fiberglass tub, fenders, approns and bib. it has a brand new 350 chev mtr., dual fuel tanks and a custom rear tire carrier with two additional gas cans on it. This is a complete runing truck and has all the parts you want and more. Let me know if your interested in it? Thx

I have a complete 78fj40 with fiberglass tub, fenders, approns and bib. it has a brand new 350 chev mtr., dual fuel tanks and a custom rear tire carrier with two additional gas cans on it. This is a complete runing truck and has all the parts you want and more. Let me know if your interested in it? Thx

It sounds like it has none of the parts he wants!

Hey thanks I need a 79-83 steel body or an aluminum tub if anyone has one let me know. 78 body is not the same as the 79 the body style changes on the 79's and later.

Matt:beer:

weekend bump

You're pretty much asking for the impossible. I remember a quote on this board from somebody saying "you will never find a '79+ tub for sale"

They were right. Trust me, I've been looking for a long time. You'll either have to piece together the parts you need from Pacol or Pilgrim or buy a whole new 3/4 tub.

Another member by the name of KY Longhunter replaced his front floors and then bought a new 3/4 tub for his '81 so he should be able to hook you up with a good price.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/326919-anybody-looking-1-2-3-4-tub-right-now.html

You're pretty much asking for the impossible. I remember a quote on this board from somebody saying "you will never find a '79+ tub for sale"

not impossible, just not finacially worth it to ship one from a non rust prone area, to the east coast. I know of 2 in Montana, but by the time you buy it and ship it, it's not worth the effort versus buying one closer and repairing.

not impossible, just not finacially worth it to ship one from a non rust prone area, to the east coast. I know of 2 in Montana, but by the time you buy it and ship it, it's not worth the effort versus buying one closer and repairing.

If you really know of 2 rust free 1979-1984 tubs in MT, please PM me with the info.

If you really know of 2 rust free 1979-1984 tubs in MT, please PM me with the info.

I will PM you with info when I get it.
Paul

yea if I can figure out a way to get one to NJ for a reasonable price I'll definetely take one. Let me know

Matt

I must apologize.

after getting to see it in person, it turns out it's only 1 tub and his idea of rust free is not the same as mine!

Did the one in rougher shape have decent front floors, rockerpanels, and b pillars on it. Thats all I really need if he doesn't mind cutting the rougher one up if those parts are in good shape I am definetely interested. Let me know

Did the one in rougher shape have decent front floors, rockerpanels, and b pillars on it. Thats all I really need if he doesn't mind cutting the rougher one up if those parts are in good shape I am definetely interested. Let me know

PM your email and I'll send some pics your way.
Paul

Hey Paul I sent you a pm:beer:

Hey I'm still waiting to hear back from someone, but if anyone has anything let me know. I really want to get my 79 on the road by the fall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom