Wandering 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey fellas, does anyone have problems with their 80 wandering around at freeway speeds? This happens everytime I get on the freeway, regardless of the wind speed or the lack of. It just wanders from side to side, no shaking or wobbling of any kind. Tires are in good shape, pressures are all at recommended. It's getting annoying, it did this since I got this rig last year. It's a 96, bone stock and I mean bone stock. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

sounds like it might be a caster issue. tons of threads on this if you do a search. you say it's bone stock; stock suspension, i take it? what size tires?

you could have worn suspension components. check all the steering links (tie rod ends, relay rod ends) check the toe/caster

also check your wheel bearings for tightness

sounds like it might be a caster issue. tons of threads on this if you do a search. you say it's bone stock; stock suspension, i take it? what size tires?

Stock 275s, I'll read up on the caster issues.

you could have worn suspension components. check all the steering links (tie rod ends, relay rod ends) check the toe/caster

I suppose it's time to put her on the hoist and take a good look.

might not be caster with those tires on stock suspension. i would take it to an alignment shop and get a printout and post the results (toe/caster/etc). but FirstToy's suggestion seems more likely if it's not lifted at all.
good luck!

I will add, control arms and panhard bushings ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom