Wallet key assistance needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Some how, someone left the house this morning with both sets of keys and too far to turn around once realized.
The other extra keys in the kitchen junk drawer are for two decreased 100's...
After an hour of searching, found the sealed in a bag, 2003 wallet key. To my surprise, the security light went out. BUT the darn key won't turn the ignition. It will lock/unlock the doors and glove box....

I then moved onto the newly acquired, just recently running fj. It made it to the gas station sans clutch where it's weeping coolant.

So here I sit, writing you, looking for help getting the wallet key to work.

Any suggestions?

My wallet key does turn both the doors and the ignition, and the key holder has the imobilizer chip in it, hold the card to the key cylinder while turning the ignition and truck starts.

Maybe your truck has been re-keyed?

Maybe wiggle the key a bit, worn lock with unused unworn key?

My wallet key does turn both the doors and the ignition, and the key holder has the imobilizer chip in it, hold the card to the key cylinder while turning the ignition and truck starts.

Maybe your truck has been re-keyed?

Maybe wiggle the key a bit, worn lock with unused unworn key?
The rekey is what I'm nervous of. I've tried jiggling it quite a bit, no luck so far.

What is this wallet key you speak of? Can I get one for my 01 LX?

Like this (and no this is not my key/code):
s-l1600-jpg.1321907

Was this available for 2001 LX? Is there a reasonably priced way to get myself one of these?

Usually available on eBay for about $20. You'd have to find a place willing to cut the key, and you might have to chase down the right transponder chip.

or​

You could go to the Lexus parts counter, turn around and bend over.​

My keys made it home tonight, my key was more difficult to turn, but did. After that, the wallet key worked ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom