Walker exhaust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wxm

Threads
Hi, I have a question about my newly installed Walker exhaust. At 107K mile, my original exhaust has a leak towards to the end of the Y-pipe. Unfortunately neither dealer nor Indy is willing to weld patch the leak. So I had my local garage replaced it with a Walker y-pipe and front cat. The new cat is pretty good expect in the first gear. It is noisy and almost like “popping” when starting. I hope it is just it is just for a burn-in period. But it has been three weeks now. (It is not my daily drive and pretty much only drive it on the weekends). Do you know eventually it will get better?

At 107k total miles the exhaust should still be in great condition. Too bad you couldn't find a shop to patch it up.
There is a brake in process for catalytic converters. Was that process done by the Shop? Are you sure the noise is coming from the new cat?

Hopefully you still have your old wye pipe and cat. Someone else will buy it from you and weld the crack.

Unless the truck has been in NJ weather for 25 years

I doubt the local garage had spent time to break in the new cat. In fact they did not bother to install the clamp to the bracket. I had to go back to have them put the clamp on. I wish I had read this thread and did it myself. Is it too late to do the break in process now?

I did ask to save the old cat. But they said that they had cut it in order to take it out. Part of my fault as I did not really insist either.

Think it has to be in the first 2 minutes of first start up there is a thread on here with info.

Look it up on Walker's Homepage?

Good point. Did not see much tech info on their web site. Maybe I will call them...

Good point. Did not see much tech info on their web site. Maybe I will call them...
Google search for catalytic converter break in
Sounds like you're good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom