Walkabout on Hood, Cowling, Roof? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The trip down must have given your guardian angle a fright! :p
At this age things don’t bend anymore, they just break. Kinda like 50 year old rusted bolts.

Wait. Digital presence? Is that like Christmas with a jolt of electricity. All this yacking about suggestive pictures of Land Cruisers and not one picture. Dang it.

1E7619CF-75E0-4C72-A990-9CF2DCE78269.jpeg

Roof definitely won't support in middle. I cut a patch for the sunroof out of my parts rig, and left a nice dent in the roof, behind the cut thankfully, even before cutting. And I'm lighter, but not by much.

Can stand on cowl, but not recommended (again, did it on parts rig). You will dent it.

Just put a massive push bumper on it, that sticks above the hood. Then make a detachable platform, that goes from the push bumper to cowl. More distribution of weight, and creates a little deck. My friend did this, who's a wildlife photographer, but with a Tacoma. Same principle.

Wait. Digital presence? Is that like Christmas with a jolt of electricity. All this yacking about suggestive pictures of Land Cruisers and not one picture. Dang it.

View attachment 2740912
Where there's a will, there's a way. And a Highway Patrol officer...

Roof definitely won't support in middle. I cut a patch for the sunroof out of my parts rig, and left a nice dent in the roof, behind the cut thankfully, even before cutting. And I'm lighter, but not by much.

Can stand on cowl, but not recommended (again, did it on parts rig). You will dent it.

Just put a massive push bumper on it, that sticks above the hood. Then make a detachable platform, that goes from the push bumper to cowl. More distribution of weight, and creates a little deck. My friend did this, who's a wildlife photographer, but with a Tacoma. Same principle.
Hmmm. Made one that goes UNDER the hood, for engine work, rests on ARB and that little shelf in front of the cowling. Hadn't thought of going over the hood. Now that you mention it, though, I seem to recall some African rigs with a setup like that--for photographers, as you say. Maybe hard mounts sticking through cowling? Going a little far for me, maybe, but interesting idea...

Reactions: YMT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom