Wal Mart Selling Rotella T (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was in at Wal Mart last night and noticed that they are selling Rotella T 15W40 for $51 a bucket. They also have a 9.5 L jug but I don't remember the price. Its good stuff in the Tercel - for slowing down its consumption of oil. I used it once in the Safari and it seemed to be as good as the Delo 400. Anybody else using it in their diesel?

I have checked out some of the diesel forums (7.3L Powerstroke) and a lot of the US guys with the domestics are using Rotella T. It is supposed to lubricate better with the low sulphur diesel. I guess this can help slow some of the leaking oil. If you are interested I think it was on Dieselpower.com.

I've run it in my 74 since I got it. Been happy with it so far. The best deal for the 20L bucket is at Canadian Tire when they have their $10 off $40 or more coupon promotion every few months.

AFAIK, Rotella is right up there with Delo 400, good high quality oil.
Last year I started using the generic "heavy duty diesel" 15-40 oil in the 20L pail from Wal Mart after years of using only Delo 400. My dad pointed out that the specs are remarkably close to Delo. I think it's less than $30 for 20L. Neither my diesel Jetta or BJ70 have seized up yet, so I guess it works...

I like using the 0w40 rotella in the winter. Nice oil. Cranks like summer. Oil pressure has been good too.

That was in my BJ60 three years ago and my Mercedes the last 2 winters.

Although I would not use 0w40 in Vancouver. Too warm there. Maybe 5w50 or something like that.

I used to use Rotella T all the time when I was at home in Canada. Down here in Guatemala I finally found a source for Delo 400 so I'm using that. I'm at over 500,000 kms so something must be OK with the Rotella T!

Check Home Depot! (Main and Terminal)

i bought 4 litre jugs there for $6.25 each on clearance for 10 - 40 wt.

my PZ is happy on it.

The best deal for the 20L bucket is at Canadian Tire when they have their $10 off $40 or more coupon promotion every few months.

That would be the best deal. Was in at Canadian Tire last night to get some JB Weld and noticed the bucket is only $2.00 more than Wal Mart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom