Waiting on tire install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Installed the OME lift and now it's at the garage having tires installed. I hope I didn't screw up I went with 32x11.5x15 and I'm using stock rims. I'm nervous about the width I should of maybe went 10.5 I'm be finding out here shortly if they call me and say No Go ! I went with Cooper Discovery STT Pro .... Nail biting as we speak !!

Installed the OME lift and now it's at the garage having tires installed. I hope I didn't screw up I went with 32x11.5x15 and I'm using stock rims. I'm nervous about the width I should of maybe went 10.5 I'm be finding out here shortly if they call me and say No Go ! I went with Cooper Discovery STT Pro .... Nail biting as we speak !!
They’ll fit. I’ve seen 12.5’s on stock wheels.

It's possible to mount them but the sidewalls will be pulled in a bit too far. Certainly drivable but not ideal.

Well I got the dreaded call they called and said won't fit. They were 4" raised in center and they said it was 1" over second bead and they may blow off bead. Going to try 10.5" I guess. Very disappointing.

Last edited:
I knew a guy who had 32x11.50s on his 60 and he said he should've got 31" tires instead. He didn't like them.

I have 33x10.5 BFG on my truck and I think they are about perfect. The bead is tight against the rim. You will have fun gettin the air pressure right. The center of the tires will wear out faster due to the fact that the OEM rim is not wide enough for them, but the saving grace is the tight bead provides a margin of safety aired down.

I did re-gear to FJ62 4.11 Diffs however to run that tire size. With stock diffs 31s are good to go.

The steering is going to be very slow from all that sidewall bulge. 10.5 is the max I would do.

You’ll never be able to air them up the the proper pressure with that much of a discrepancy between the measured wheel width and what the tire wants.

Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.

Even the 10.50's are considered too wide for the stock rim width with some manufacturers. If you read the specs of the 33X10.50 AT from BFG for example, the slimmest rim width you should fit these on are 7":

33x10.50R15/C 114R
Mileage Warranty
50,000 Miles
Section Width on Measuring Rim Width
10.50" on 8.50"
Eco Feature

Tread Feature

Overall Diameter
Max Load, Single (LB @ PSI)
2600 @ 50
Sidewall
RWL
Revs/MI
Tire Weight
Rim Width Range (Min/Max)
7.00" - 9.00"
Tread Depth (in 32nds)

BFGoodrich T/A KO2 All-Season Tire | BFGoodrich Tires

Certainly guys go outside of the manufacturer specs all the time so whatever I guess. But 31's or 33's in 10.50 is the sweet spot for me with these trucks (anything wider than 10.5 just does not look right to me on these vehicles, but thats just me) or get different wheels. Plenty of stock wider wheel options available from Toyota for these trucks. HTH.

So I decided to just go with 31x10.5 They get installed Monday .
I ran those for years on the stock suspension. I just upgraded to 33x10.5x15 ko2 on a 2.5” ome lift. It’s boss. I thought about keeping the smaller tires but I wanted the overdrive from a larger tire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom