Wanted WA: need a couple things for a 1978 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Curtice

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi all. Looking for a couple random parts.

1) Lower flywheel/bellhousing cover

[found] 2) Charcoal canister straps/holders (not sure what they are called). These are what goes around the canister and bolts to the bracket, as seen in this picture where the red arrows are pointing (I have the bracket, just no way to attach the canister to the bracket). I could probably make my own way somehow, but thought I'd see what is out there.

IMG_4135.jpg

Last edited:
Just bumping this up

Thats it! I don't need the bracket too, just the circular holders. But if its a package deal, I understand. Let me know how much.

Do you happen to also have a lower flywheel cover?

Thats it! I don't need the bracket too, just the circular holders. But if its a package deal, I understand. Let me know how much.

Do you happen to also have a lower flywheel cover?
I dropped it in the mail today.

Cheers
KevO

Bump - still looking for a lower flywheel cover.

Can I get an image of the lower flywheel cover?

1292EF3B-A46F-455D-8DD0-0F3266EE73DE.jpeg

Here is another view. Looks like there are some different year versions. This is what I thought I needed.

I guess It should work if it comes off of 2f with a 4spd transmission.

I haven’t had one to start with so I’m not completely sure. Let me take a peek underneath today and see if I can tel if I need the one with those two tabs.

Thanks all.

Yes, I’ve seen several different versions. I would check with @Dallas & @Wadesters. I remember them having one if all this cold and snow hasn’t given me brain freeze.

Thanks. I'll think about this. Do you have an unrestored one by chance for cheaper?

pm sent Wadesters

All, bumping this up. Apparently there are different shapes of cover (should have paid more attention to @hyhpe saying there were different versions).

The one I picked up doesn't fit:
RMbAzab1Tb6mtq%Ije5auw.jpg

Does anyone have a different shaped one that I could hopefully tell from a picture? It seems the big problem is the upper right where this cover juts out a bit, but the bellhousing bottom does not.

Thanks for any help.

@3_puppies , could this be the elusive 3F cover Ive never seen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom