WA engine swap laws (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lt1fire

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello fellow cruiser heads, I have a question about swap laws in WA state that you guys may be able to help me with.

I have a 92 80 series and will be moving to WA later in the year to work in Seattle. Not sure where I will end up living as I will be staying with family for a bit before getting a place of my own. But the most likely candidates are King, Pierce and Snohomish.

I am most likely going to be doing a TBI 350 swap either using an adapter to the stock trans or swapping in a manual GM trans and then adapting it to a split case.

I've googled quite a few threads from car sites but many seem to hold conflicting information on the subject.

Most likely my swap will be a gas engine and maybe a diesel years down the line.

Can someone give me the current smog and swap laws for the state?

Thanks

Al

Since your 80 is very close to the 25 yr mark, if you wait till then to swap (pretty realistic since by the time you buy all parts, get setup to do it, etc) - then you'll be good even if you live in the Seattle Metro counties.

I'm in Skagit county - 1 North of Snohomish county (part of the Sea-Metro group) & we have ZERO testing or inspections, we're a big agricultural zone so seeing a multi-axle tractor on the road (doing 10 mph holding up traffic) is common.

Here's a link to a breakdown of how WA is - really the only place you'll get tailpiped or visual underhood is Seattle & surrounding suburb counties.

http://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistration/emissions.html

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom