W.v. Tlca chapter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

landwagon

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm checking to see if there are cruiser heads, here that would like to start a chapter here ? TIM

Be sure to contact your TLCA (individual or area) Rep. They might also know of contacts in the area.

Good luck, shout out for help or ideas...

If you need ANY help whatsoever, please feel free to contact me. I've been through it, and our club has been around for two years now. It's really not as much work as you think it would be.

-Art

Thanks,

I've talked to a some peoplein the state who would be in, but how many people do we need and who is the rep. in this area? Thanks again. Tim

I've talked to a some peoplein the state who would be in, but how many people do we need and who is the rep. in this area? Thanks again. Tim

Membership Qualifications

Another important issue to consider is membership qualifications. What should be the minimum requirements that must be met to become a member? Should there be an associate or non-voting membership? What about family memberships? Junior memberships? Should there be a minimum age limit?
There can be various combinations of membership qualifications required of prospective members. They may include such things as a minimum number of meetings attended, minimum runs or events attended, etc. But try to avoid requirements that are too restrictive or lengthy, otherwise you run the risk of excluding prospective members that can offer a lot to your club but for some reason may not be able to meet your list of requirements.
For consideration as a member in a TLCA Chapter, the minimum requirement is five owners of a Toyota 4-wheel drive vehicle. This is not to say that if a few of your close friends that have other 4WD vehicles cannot participate in your Chapter, but, to be considered for Chapter membership in TLCA, control of the club must be maintained by the Toyota 4WD members only, now and at all future times.

Eastern Representative: Thom Placier,
502-316-3590, EasternRep@tlca.org

Also, the "How-To" on starting a chapter is in full detail here:
Home of the Toyota Land Cruiser Association - How to Start a TLCA Chapter

Hope this helps, and if for some strange reason, you can't get in touch with Thom, please feel free to contact me.

-Art

:cheers: Very helpfull
Membership Qualifications

Another important issue to consider is membership qualifications. What should be the minimum requirements that must be met to become a member? Should there be an associate or non-voting membership? What about family memberships? Junior memberships? Should there be a minimum age limit?
There can be various combinations of membership qualifications required of prospective members. They may include such things as a minimum number of meetings attended, minimum runs or events attended, etc. But try to avoid requirements that are too restrictive or lengthy, otherwise you run the risk of excluding prospective members that can offer a lot to your club but for some reason may not be able to meet your list of requirements.
For consideration as a member in a TLCA Chapter, the minimum requirement is five owners of a Toyota 4-wheel drive vehicle. This is not to say that if a few of your close friends that have other 4WD vehicles cannot participate in your Chapter, but, to be considered for Chapter membership in TLCA, control of the club must be maintained by the Toyota 4WD members only, now and at all future times.

Eastern Representative: Thom Placier,
502-316-3590, EasternRep@tlca.org

Also, the "How-To" on starting a chapter is in full detail here:
Home of the Toyota Land Cruiser Association - How to Start a TLCA Chapter

Hope this helps, and if for some strange reason, you can't get in touch with Thom, please feel free to contact me.

-Art

I've sponsored a lot of chapters during my tenure as Mountain/Central Individual Representative, and have learned a lot about what works and what doesn't. I will be happy to give advice. I really need to write that up so Mark Van Meter can post up on the TLCA web site.

Landwagon, what's your name?

Among the things we can do is query our membership database and provide you with a list of nearby TLCA members so you can contact them.

Do you know of other nearby TLCA members already? You'll certainly want to partner with any you already know.

I first learned to drive, off road, in WV. My dad had a 1946 Willy's CJ2 we went hunting and fishing in. That was in the Romney area.

Feel free to contact me direct, whether PM here, direct email or phone. All my contact info is in Toyota Trails where it lists the officers.

Happy cruisin'!

As president of a new chapter, I can say that the best advice I got was from Tony Twiddy: Come up with the name, write the by laws, make a club seal, then invite people to join your chapter! :cheers: Too bad I got that advice too late to implement it...

Enjoy the ride!

being a wv native and only live a hour from the border in va it would be cool to start up.

ya can change the name later ;)

cruiser88, you've got mod status for now...also can change, but figgered you'd been around long enuf to run this corner.

PM me if you have any changes :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom