VW Taro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Did you get the Volkswagon Taro in the US or was it just a Euro thing.

Just bought this basically a rebadged early mk3 lux

taro9.jpg

taro5.jpg

Volkswagon was liscensed by Toyota to produce the Taro. From what I've read it sounds like Volkswagon produced most of the components to Mr. T Spec's and performed assembly.

I believed it was more of a rebadge project. That is the first I've seen in 4wheel drive . I thought they were all 2 wheel drive.

Todd should put one on the cover of Toyota Trails and see what morons fall out of the woodwork.

The only difference between the taro and the hilux is the grill, steering wheel and the tailgate.

I've broken one before a 2.2 petrol, this ones a 2.4 diesel sure toyota/vw were trying to bypass import tariffs/quotas can't see any other reason why they'd want to rebadge a hilux.

The axles are all the same as is to be expected from a 1989-94 hilux

Really Wristy?

You wouldn't kick THIS out of the driveway would you????

VWTaro5.jpg

I'd just about kill to get one of these. The VW badging just makes it even cooler.

Dan

I've owned 2 or 3 of those.
All toyota parts except the emblems. All versions and options were available from the VW dealer. Except the short body single cab that never was available here.
I've even got my parts a while at the VW dealer cause they were 20-30% cheaper than toyota!
Still see several of them on the road in Holland, Belgium, Germany and the UK.

I've owned 2 or 3 of those.
All toyota parts except the emblems. All versions and options were available from the VW dealer. Except the short body single cab that never was available here.
I've even got my parts a while at the VW dealer cause they were 20-30% cheaper than toyota!
Still see several of them on the road in Holland, Belgium, Germany and the UK.

they are common over here too!

Really Wristy?

You wouldn't kick THIS out of the driveway would you????

VWTaro5.jpg

I'd just about kill to get one of these. The VW badging just makes it even cooler.

Dan

the schwagen logos are a turn off.

its still a toyota, and this pic indicates how bad ass they are. but the vw is crazy

um.. if some of you say you want one and if its just a toyota with new badges then just get the badge/grill/steering wheel from ebay or overseas and youre set. goal accomplished, dream fulfilled. heh

um.. if some of you say you want one and if its just a toyota with new badges then just get the badge/grill/steering wheel from ebay or overseas and youre set. goal accomplished, dream fulfilled. heh

Personally I think the logo is an improvement and may decide to keep it as a run about

Well, there's a diesel Hilux on the January cover so I suspect I'll hear some complaints. Oh well. :D

I love those trucks.

TJK

I believed it was more of a rebadge project. That is the first I've seen in 4wheel drive . I thought they were all 2 wheel drive.

Todd should put one on the cover of Toyota Trails and see what morons fall out of the woodwork.

Well, there's a diesel Hilux on the January cover so I suspect I'll hear some complaints. Oh well. :D

I love those trucks.

TJK

AWESOME!

Why can't it be in my mailbox RIGHT NOW?!?!?!?

PS--I've looked for Taro badging. No luck--yet...

Dan

I received my FedEx advances on Christmas eve. My mailer copy isn't here yet either. Holiday mail is slow.

TJK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom