vsv 1 to AI not hooked up..failed smog (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, well I was hoping my first post would not be a bad one, but it is. I just got a 1985 fj60 that I failed smog with. When I got home I noticed my vsv 1 valve was mising the little house that goes to the a.i. pump. my hydrocarbons were high at the 2500 test. would that cause that? please help Im stuck with a car that is not legal to drive and I have to get to work. by the way I love it and will post some pics and stuff when I get the smog stuff over with. thanks

Oh and the guy said its too rich at 2500 and at idle so I rebuilt the carb tried the denatured alchohal trick and now to lean at idle and to rich at 2500 he said. now I noticed the little house missing.

Where are you located and can you give us all the numbers? A working AI system helps greatly for smog.

my hydrocarbons was like 150 at idle but at the 2500 test it went to 2000. the other was .4 but at 2500 it went to 5.0. Not real sure, I didnt get a print out because I didnt pay, they just stuck the probe in and said they have never passed a landcruiser before. Im at about 5500ft elavation.

Find the emissions manual and go over it line for line. Make sure everything is working and do your carb adjustment for lean drop. And it may not hurt to take your carb apart again and look it over. I have had to do that to mine before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom