{SOLVED} VSCTRAC/VSCOFF/VGRS lights all on (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The truck is still at the shop. Haven't heard anything. But I will make an appointment with the service manager to talk about the two components they have already replaced. I was there talking to the tech that was working on it. We talked about the LED's I installed that are wired into the running board wires. Also talked about my headlights. But both have been ok for quite a while. He said, as I was leaving, that he thinks it might be the keyless entry system. He also said he was on the phone for a long time with the "smart guys" at Toyota to get where he got. He said he is going to have to get the EWD out and trace all the wires coming from that fuse.

I hope it is something easy like the LED's screwing something up, but either way, I think I am going to have to drive it home as it is and work on it myself...which will be very frustrating! I am not 100% that the steering angle sensor, and steering computer needed to be replaced. They said they were getting power to the sensor but not any coming from it. After replacing that, they said the computer needed replaced. I really wish I knew how to wires are run. Would it be possible for the computer to make it look like the sensor was dead? Would the computer show dead for any other reason than actually being dead?

Forgive my walls of text. I am frustrated and grasping at straws. I appreciate everyone chipping in with what they have so far. I have printed off the lists of what is connected to that fuse. None of which seem that fun to work on.

Still holding out hope they find something easy to fix for real.

Going forward, does anybody know where I can get a copy of the FSM? Like cheap...like super cheap. I would at least have an idea if I had that bad boy in my hands.

I've seen the 2004 FSM, but how much can I really use that on an 06' LX?

Not quite cheap, unless the two allows one to download the FSM!

There isn't a link to download the entire file, you'll have to do that one by one based on what you need. Painful, but you said cheap. $15 for 2 days access, you just gotta spend your time doing the work.

It took three weeks and $3400 dollars, but the shop finally tracked down the problem. The previous owner installed some kind of FM modulator thing that has a switch on the dash. TBH I asked him what it was and he told me, but I totally forgot about it. That module was wired directly in the wire harness behind the radio. When the tech opened it up, he said he saw sparks. They "correctly" rewired it and it fixed the problem. I forgot to pick up the parts and stuff they took off, but I will be going by there later this morning to grab what they took off. The phone person didn't know for sure what was in the box, man I hope the sensor and the computer they replaced are in there...I totally spaced and never asked them keep that stuff for me when all the work as being done. I just have a sneaking suspicion one or both of those components are not bad, and I can resell them to recoup some of the money.

This is going server as a REALLY expensive lesson learned. The closest Lexus place to me is an hour and half away. It would have been cheaper to drive to Tulsa and get a room until they figured it out. Pretty sure they would have got it done in a couple days.

TLDR; It's fixed, wiring behind radio was messed up, the whole ordeal was expensive (almost had to cancel HIH trip), and I will not be taking my truck back to the local Toyota place to get worked on.

Thanks to everybody for the advice. This forum is awesome and you all are really great people.

Glad you got it resolved, and glad to see a neighbor. I'm in Tulsa. You going to this?

Natural State Overland

Sweet :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom