VSC/TRC OFF Lights Come on after driving through puddles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got a problem I can't seem to trace. The VSC/TRC Off/Check Engine light come on whenever I drive through and largish puddle. It has been raining hard and I took the car out. No light initially, until I drove through some puddles (only 1 foot at most). Then after I stopped this car and started again, the VSC/TRC off lights came on. I had thought it must be coming into the ecm behind the glovebox, but it is dry there. Anyone have any ideas where else I might be getting some electrical problems that would cause this. It is getting wet somewhere, just don't know where! Thanks.

Last edited:
I've got a problem I can't seem to trace. The VSC/TRC Off/Check Engine light come on whenever I drive through and largish puddle. It has been raining hard and I took the car out. No light initially, until I drove through some puddles (only 1 foot at most). Then after I stopped this car and started again, the VSC/TRC off lights came on. I had thought it must be coming into the ecm behind the glovebox, but it is dry there. Anyone have any ideas where else I might be getting some electrical problems that would cause this. It is getting wet somewhere, just don't know where! Thanks.
One foot puddles would be right about where the wheel speed sensors are or are those the ABS sensors?

That could be it. Maybe even water getting into the ABS module? Would a Techstream or a OBD II diagnose this issue / let me find which sensor it is?

That could be it. Maybe even water getting into the ABS module? Would a Techstream or a OBD II diagnose this issue / let me find which sensor it is?
You find out anything on your issues…"The VSC/TRC Off/Check Engine light come on?"

For me it was one of the abs sensors on the passenger side. Going to get it replaced. Only ever came on when it rained. I diagnosed the old way, just throwing a bucket of water onto each sensor on separate days until I found the culprit.

I used an OBD II and found the code for a bad 02 snesor. Replaced he sensor and all is good, for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom