VSC TRAC VSC OFF lights come on and off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone, I’m having another issue with my 01’ LX. I recently had my ABS module replaced due to a supposed bad chip and was sent a remanufactured one from ModuleExperts. I had the usual ABS/TRAC/VSC lights on and determined it was the module.

Upon reinstalling the new ABS module. The lights were still on. Thinking for a second I then pressed the brake and boom, all lights were off! Unfortunately the bliss turned to sorrow quickly once I started to drive away.

The VSC TRAC VSC OFF lights illuminated immediately once moving. I then turned the car off and on and lights went away. Started up and started driving and lights back on. I need help. Does anyone know where to start? I hooked up Techstream but it will not recognize any module status.

404D8CCB-572E-4123-ABAD-3B0435A191CD.jpeg

It could be that the replacement ABS module is defective and is interfering with communication on the Data Link bus, making it so none of the ECUs can talk to Techstream. I’d try unplugging it and seeing if that restores communication to the other ECUs.

Will be very interested in what you find.
For me, foolishly, I plugged a obd2 reader into my Japanese 01 LC which has ever since caused these two lights to come on every time the truck moves around 1 meter. No Engine Check light, just those two.

The obd2 scanner did something to the ecu to cause this and I can't find how to clear/reset it. Truck drives fine.

Went to car mechanic and there were no codes he could find.

Okay I believe I fixed this issue.

I also got Techstream to read the ECUs, not sure why it didn’t last time but this time it worked. I also read a bunch of codes that were stored I’m guessing before the ABS module was replace. So I cleared those, no stored codes. TRAC and VSC lights were off as usual. Then I moved the car while hooked up and boom, lights came on and up popped a code.

C1336. Zero Point Calibration of Deceleration Sensor Undone.

Did some more searching and found a thread. I then performed this test in Techstream and so far, no more lights! Thanks all for your advice. Hope this helps someone else.

47C41278-F16F-4978-B6C9-283120B4B401.jpeg
1CBB5185-62C6-471A-8632-095C58DBFE26.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom