VSC TRAC/ VSC OFF and center diff lock??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First off, I have a 2007 lx470 194,000 miles on it. Its stock with no mods done to it. I just took it on a small 300 mile round trip and drove on all pavement roads. No issues! Drove it again on same journey and problems started. Live in New Mexico and was headed to Colorado. Just crossed the border and got some fuel, jumped backed in and made it a turn and the front wheels were engaging or skipping. No lights on dash, car was idiling fine. Jumped out looked underneath, no drips or leaks. Drove on to our destination ( 20 more miles to cabin). Got to our destiantion and again on hard turns front wheels were engaged or skipping. I had a new rack and pinion installed last year, figured low on fluid. Checked fluid, and it was fine. Turned the wheel back and forth not driving car and it turned fine. Figured maybe the center diff lock might of been engaged but no lights were indicated. Kept driving over the weekend but not making sharp turns and it drove fine. Headed home long straight up and down paved road and finally came to a sharp right turn where I had to break and turn and the dashboard lit up. VSC TRACK/ VSC OFF and Center diff light. Pulled off, pushed Center diff lock button. I could here it doing something but light stayed on. Left vehicle on, drove it 40 to the nearest city where i pulled over at a gas station. Turned off vehicle, tried again engaging CDL and light went off. Turned on and off again and VSC TRACK/ VSC OFF Went off. Drove off and made a turn and front wheels finally felt normal. Drove back no issues. A few days passed in town, parked waiting for the wife at appointment. She jumped in and drove off and made a right turn and again VSC TRACK/ VSC OFF came on and front wheels were sticking again no CDL light. Parked started hitting the CDL button. Turned off the car and back on and lights were off. Drove off and everything felt normal. Fianlly took it to my mechanic yesterday, he checked for codes and nothing came up, he recommended changing diff fluid ( dont know if this was ever serviced). Confused, and looking for any help? Read another story on here very similar minus the CDL. Im going to look at the brake actuator and wheel speed sensor. Ive heard that the "P" light might cause it but mines working fine. I know i have a dirty battery cable and ive heard that could be an issue too. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

It sounds like you have an electrical gremlin in the CDL circuit somewhere that engages the CDL without your input - perhaps a failing relay or switch.

How about simply unplugging the CDL switch on the dash and seeing if the problem goes away after a week or two of driving? This will allow you to rule out the CDL switch as being the issue.

It sounds like you have an electrical gremlin in the CDL circuit somewhere that engages the CDL without your input - perhaps a failing relay or switch.

How about simply unplugging the CDL switch on the dash and seeing if the problem goes away after a week or two of driving? This will allow you to rule out the CDL switch as being the issue.
Yes maybe. Im hoping my mechanic knows his toyotas and he right about dif fluid. I will keep this in mind if it happens again. Thanks for the feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom