VSC TRAC VSC Off - again. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys.
I did a search but am unable to find a answer to my specific issue.

A wee while back I stupidly plugged a OBD2 reader into my 2001 LC. It's a Japanese Import - I assumed it had OBD2 as it had the plug and I hadn't at that stage discovered only some did. It didn't work and I'm unable to find the OBD2 sticker on the truck so I'm now assuming it's not installed.

Anyway - plugging the reader in and turning on the ignition caused a Christmas light show on my dash and the software on my phone said it was unable to communicate with the ECU. I freaked, turned everything off, unplugged and haven't touched that side of things since.

The next time I drove the truck, after moving about 2 meters the VSC TRAC VSC Off lights came on and stayed on. Stopping and turning the truck off and restarting, they are off again until I move that 2 meters. No CEL or ASB, just those two. All other lights on the dash are working fine, no blown bulbs.

I'm 89.9% certain this isn't a hardware issue but it's instead software related. Plugging in the OBD2 scanner seems to have triggered something. Either that or I've got incredibly uncanny timing and a wheel speed sensor died at exactly the same time.

The truck drives fine, has done over 1500 km since that moment with no issues.

It's just that - this is my new baby and I would like at least a few months driving and enjoying without any warning lights on my dash! And, after all the effort convincing the wife that we're investing in one of the most reliable forms of transportation known to man, that seems to fly out the window whenever she glances at the dash.

Would anyone happen to know how to reset 'something' to make these go away? I'm trying to track down a cable for Techstream, something I most certainly need - but for now, it's there any quick fix?

Thanks heaps in advance team.
Much appreciated.

Last edited:
You need the "techstream in 5 minutes" thread.

Its possible that you have the C1336 zero point calibration error- but then it could be other things too!
Awesome mate, thank you heaps!
👍👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom