VSC Trac lights with CEL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know by design VSC and Trac Off light up when Check engine light comes on. And I know I have the Bank 2 Cat code. Since the car has been driving with these lights on over the past year with no issues, I'm just waiting for a decent coupon so I can finally purchase a factory OEM Cat to replace it, but in the meantime, does anyone know if there's an alternative way to manually turn off or keep the VSC and Trac activated/standby/working?

Depending on what year you have, (I believe it’s the earlier years) I’m pretty sure new OEM cats are no longer available.

I have a 2005. I'm in no hurry since it has been driving great with no issues. If I can't find a brand new, even if a decent used one would work too. I just want everything in working order.

You could disconnect the battery so the system resets or get a OBDII reader from autozone that will allow you to clear the codes. May be doing it often depending on how bad the cats are/quality of gas. IMO having a code reader is a useful tool to have around anyway, especially with an older vehicle.

And I wouldn't buy a used cat, OEM or not. At that point go with a high quality aftermarket that may have a warranty with it or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom