VSC lights Techstream (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
2004 Land Cruiser. Recently had a lift done. Zero calibration was not done.

VSC off, and VSC track light are illuminated.

I have techstream with me and a laptop, but I don’t see where to do the zero calibration. Can someone guide me or does someone have a screenshot?

It appears that I can jump TS, and CG, for a brief moment while on level ground and that does the same thing. Is that correct?

Sometimes it'll be listed under your Utility Menu as "Test Mode." Depending on the model. I can't remember about jumping those two terminals, but you can try it.

Googled "techstream zero point calibration" got this for an LS, may be the same.

I have the same issue after a lift and I jumped the terminals at the diagnostic port under the hood, but it did not solve the issue for me. You may be different so don’t take my word for it, there’re several causes of those lights being on. Let me know how you do go about solving it such as what menus you access within Techstream!

Resolution with Techstream.

416C6ED0-E2AE-462D-A34D-4329F06991AB.jpeg

Click Utility
E63156C9-8DDE-400C-AE7E-8A5D24543ACC.jpeg

Click reset memory
7F596D42-6AD5-4660-9453-92EC87EB02C6.jpeg

Click next
F928D3F8-3A87-498D-ADAC-28D6B5FC6CD4.jpeg

click next

5642B944-9891-448D-8B1D-CAA36821875C.jpeg

When you are finished, turn off the ignition turn it back on as it states. Then go back into the utility and click test mode. Go through the prompts and issue is resolved.

So I have a friend that has a 2006 Lifted modified 4runner 4wd v8 that he got with 230k miles.. the passenger side inner and outter tierod broke and the steering wheel point angle went miss aligned. We fixed the tierod and fixed the steering wheel angle and got an wheel alignment.

But the darn VSC OFF and Trac off lights were still coming on... little did we know that we needed a Zero point calibration (ZPC) with every wheel alignment or steering wheel adjustment. So I will help him tomorrow with ZPC using techstream. I'll report back what I find out and see if the ZPC reset worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom