Vredestein Pinza AT Tire. What do you know or have experienced with this tire? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

YezusLX

SILVER Star
Threads
Yep,
It's that time again. The ole Saturday morning pound the coffee/hair of the dog, cut the grass, fix the garage door, yell at the kids to get off your lawn, and generally try to remember everything you have put off all week while attempting to get it done before all the football games start.

It's way past tire time for me and I have been scouring the threads here. I am a Michelin man both in looks and product loyalty. Simply because they just work. Not the greatest looking but I have never had to worry about them failing to perform. Of course, you could add BF Goodrich in there being that Michelin owns or has some in-depth control there.

Having said all this. I have come across the Vredestin Pinza AT. I have experience with this company on high-performance vehicles, specifically European vehicles like Porsche, and Mercedes AMG.
What strikes me about this tire is an 8-year 70k mile treadwear rating. Along with probably the most important factor 46 lbs in a 285/65/18 E-rated. They might as well be clouds. Great wet weather traction and quiet on-road behavior. I am seriously considering checking these out. Just thought I would throw these out there and see what you all think. Feel free to make fun of this ridiculousness if I am way off. Being that this tire brand is more prevalent overseas I hope some of our members from the other side will chime in with their opinions as well.

I never really took the time to give a s*** about what tire goes on the truck. Buy brand name, if you don't like them sell and start over.

I'm not going to say all tires are created equal but come on, if your paying for a good brand name it will have quality built in. They all have treadwear and other standardized ratings to help make sense of which is built best.

I don't take peoples personal experience into consideration when it comes to tires or suspension, too many variables.

I never really took the time to give a s*** about what tire goes on the truck. Buy brand name, if you don't like them sell and start over.

I'm not going to say all tires are created equal but come on, if your paying for a good brand name it will have quality built in. They all have treadwear and other standardized ratings to help make sense of which is built best.

I don't take peoples personal experience into consideration when it comes to tires or suspension, too many variables.
This is a good point. Everyone has their own experience and use with rubbers.

This is a good point. Everyone has their own experience and use with rubbers.
For sure , although my comment sounded pretty douchey it wasn't meant to be. Just need to consider your vehicles weight , your use case, and narrow down the options from there.

But yeah you'll find some people love certain brands and others hate them.

For sure , although my comment sounded pretty douchey it wasn't meant to be. Just need to consider your vehicles weight , your use case, and narrow down the options from there.

But yeah you'll find some people love certain brands and others hate them.
I didn't take it as douchey. Actually, if anything, its spot on. As someone who was previously employed at a "high end" tire shop a hundred years ago, we had this philosophy. Try these (insert tire) as they seemed to fit your driving style. If they do not work sell them back to us and we will try something else until you enjoy your new shoes. I posited these tires since it is different from the usual suspects and a bit more economical for people who do not want to have dedicated rubbers for specific driving patterns. Not everyone's better half is cool with three sets of shoes for each vehicle occupying valuable real estate in their homes. I think more options are better options. As the saying goes you can have quality, price, or execution. Pick two. Please continue to chime in with thoughts everyone. Thank you, @Mike NXP .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom