VOXX Rear Seat Entertainment Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bat Masterson

GOLD Star
Threads
I am evaluating different rear seat entertainment options for my kids and prefer something other than the factory option. I found what appears to be a fairly solid solution even though it is pricey at $1200. It is still cheaper than OEM by almost $1000. Best of all...you can remove it!

Here is a link covering the feature functionality which includes a built-in DVD, SD card slot, screen mirroring, and wireless front seat control from an Android or Apple device.

Feedback appreciated!

Looks like a solid system but i'll be the pessimist on this one. Why not just use iPads? They make the same mounts for the headrest and you don't have to limit them just to the rear seats? We only use the rear entertainment system on super long road trips, and limited at that. For 1200.... I think there are better solutions.

We use ipads with our kids for long hauls. They're easy and portable if need be. I think it's the way to go. You can always use one to download trail maps onto as well.

Our particular challenge is having young kids so we like the ability to control media from the front seat.

We use ipads with our kids for long hauls. They're easy and portable if need be. I think it's the way to go. You can always use one to download trail maps onto as well.

‘Thanks for the input. We use to live in Redondo Beach! Our favorite place to go was Old Tony’s at the RB pier.

Ahh Old Tonys is still going strong. I understand the control from the front seat. Sometimes if we cant get Ninjago on quick all hell breaks loose.

Agree...keep the peace at all costs (and my wife’s sanity)

Our particular challenge is having young kids so we like the ability to control media from the front seat.

We put a similar built in entertainment system in our last car because ours kids were too little to control iPads at the time. Hated it. Should’ve just dealt with iPads.

We put a similar built in entertainment system in our last car because ours kids were too little to control iPads at the time. Hated it. Should’ve just dealt with iPads.
What system was this?

You can easily control content on iPads. Simply download movie and shows and lock out internet if you don’t want them cruising the internet. Heck, you can even lock out how much volume you allow them turn up. Built in video screens are like CD players. Also, the passenger can grab the screen from holder or child to adjust anything on the fly. We have two kids and the built in entertainment system was such a pain in the a$$ in previous vehicles, including previous LC we had them use iPads. So much easier

I am evaluating different rear seat entertainment options for my kids and prefer something other than the factory option. I found what appears to be a fairly solid solution even though it is pricey at $1200. It is still cheaper than OEM by almost $1000. Best of all...you can remove it!

Here is a link covering the feature functionality which includes a built-in DVD, SD card slot, screen mirroring, and wireless front seat control from an Android or Apple device.

Feedback appreciated!

Geez, they can’t be selling many of these. Just overly complicated to download content and extra steps to do it. Lame! iPad is the way to go. Keep it simple.

Any LX Removers that want to donate their system to science? Let me know!

I want to figure out if we can upgrade the screens with just a housing mod. So far my attempts to access the aux inputs has been less than stellar. The quality and resolution sucks and the size of the screen vs the size of the housing is pathetic. The goal would be to see if we can upgrade the screen and sneak in a digital input while keeping the OEM features fully operational.

My wife and kids will kill me if I pull ours without an immediate replacement. All I need is one unit and I can return it if it doesn't get messed up. Let me know if yours is just sitting around collecting dust. I will gladly pay shipping both ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom