Vortec V8 for Sale on FB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tony_Farson

Club President, Battle Born Cruisers
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
battleborncruisers.com
LT1 not an LSx, so it is a 5.7L first Gen. Vortec. Not the greatest but not bad. Curious how many miles are on it and why it ended up there as there is not indication of an accident. Fuel spider on those engines is a known issue so that would need to be replaced (couple hundred dollars for the upgraded one from your LAPS if I remember correctly), then going through and replacing misc. other items.

If you got time and the heart to throw at it, it would be a solid engine. I probably would spend the extra money and have one done locally for me from BD Turnkey.

LT1 not an LSx, so it is a 5.7L first Gen. Vortec. Not the greatest but not bad. Curious how many miles are on it and why it ended up there as there is not indication of an accident. Fuel spider on those engines is a known issue so that would need to be replaced (couple hundred dollars for the upgraded one from your LAPS if I remember correctly), then going through and replacing misc. other items.

If you got time and the heart to throw at it, it would be a solid engine. I probably would spend the extra money and have one done locally for me from BD Turnkey.

I am not well versed in swaps yet, so I appreciate your input. I stumbled across BD when I first got my 40 last year. They have a good rep!

Right now I am fighting the urge to pick up a pretty trashed 92 J8 for $1,500 and there is a 79 Scout II that is calling my name for $3,500... I can't afford either, but my wife wants a 60 or 80 Series, and the Scouts are about to become the next ridiculously expensive restomod craze. I could probably invest another $3K and sit on it for a couple years and sell it for $25K

There is an 80 series sitting down here at one of those U-Sell lots in Carson. Has 303k on it and they are asking $4500 if I remember correctly. Looks clean and my basic poking around seemed like the body and frame were solid.

Here is the thing with a 60 series vs. an 80 series, if she wants it for a daily driver, then get the 80. They are much more refined and ride less like a truck than the 60. If it is just for a toy, well then have at it as they both have adequate power for what they are as long as it has been taken care of.

When we have the monthly meeting at your place, tell her she can take my 60 for a spin (as long as she can drive manual tranny) to see what it is like.

There is an 80 series sitting down here at one of those U-Sell lots in Carson. Has 303k on it and they are asking $4500 if I remember correctly. Looks clean and my basic poking around seemed like the body and frame were solid.

Here is the thing with a 60 series vs. an 80 series, if she wants it for a daily driver, then get the 80. They are much more refined and ride less like a truck than the 60. If it is just for a toy, well then have at it as they both have adequate power for what they are as long as it has been taken care of.

When we have the monthly meeting at your place, tell her she can take my 60 for a spin (as long as she can drive manual tranny) to see what it is like.
I agree about the 80 for a DD. The sixty series definitely rude like a truck.

Thanks! She cannot drive a stick though... I hope to get her learned one of them days.

We are in the midst of moving so another vehicle needs to wait until I can get the ones I have relocated from NW to SW Reno. What a pain! But this reality is sobering me up when it comes to my itch for more vehicles. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom