Vortec Cold Air Intake Options? lets see your pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys,

The P.O of my rig had installed a FJ62 intake w/ the snorkel outlet box. With the vortec, and the way its setup, its suffocating it. Picture a fat kid running a mile while breathing through a straw. Since its not a diesel, and I wont be fording any rivers that would necessitate the snorkel, i wanted to change it up in the name of efficiency.

What cold air kits are those of you running with the vortec? I have a dual battery setup which limits the space, but i need something on the idea of this picture (see below). Now, before i'm roasted alive I do know its a spectre intake, and i'm not a fan of the "blingy" look, but more like that orientation of up and over the side of the block. Looking for some Mud creative options

Plus lets show off our vortec setups!

Intake.jpg

I am not a big fan of cone style filters. I use the stock 62 air filter housing. The surface area of the filter is huge. have not had any air flow issues to date.

13516613_1204196412944581_2474606119579803022_n.jpg

I am not a big fan of cone style filters. I use the stock 62 air filter housing. The surface area of the filter is huge. have not had any air flow issues to date.

13516613_1204196412944581_2474606119579803022_n.jpg

That's exactly what my setup looks like, but my tubes are way too constricting.

Where did you buy the tubes, and did you modify the top of the 62 Intake?

That's the PERFECT setup

That is all 4" tube. Two 90s and I believe a 35. The straight section closest to the throttle body houses the MAF. All available from Summit. I cut the top of the air cleaner housing, it's tight but it works as it leaves about 3/8" height to clamp the 90 to it.

That is all 4" tube. Two 90s and I believe a 35. The straight section closest to the throttle body houses the MAF. All available from Summit. I cut the top of the air cleaner housing, it's tight but it works as it leaves about 3/8" height to clamp the 90 to it.

Thanks that information is super appreciated! If I can get my engine compartment looking half as good as yours I'd be proud

Thanks much. Hope it works out for you. Hood to 90 clearance on top of the housing is tight. If the hood and support structure are separated, many are, it will touch.

Quick update and a hat tip to @NCFJ :beer:

I finally got the time to chop up the intake box, and I piped in the aluminum scepter tubes.

With a Dremel to the lid and a steady hand the I cut a hole so the silicone elbow fits absolutely perfect. So snug you can’t move it at all...and believe me I tried

Clearance is tight as my hood braces have separated making it so it does touch the tube (just slightly). However, I ordered the epoxy to glue them and in the meantime I’ll live. :hillbilly:

The Vortec is now breathing the way it should and the relentless MAF codes have vanished.

When I clean the bay and sort some wires I’ll post a top down view, still can’t come close the NCFJ though

FCDFF1A2-AE45-4DC5-888A-A3213166B49A.jpeg

9D6C3653-A936-452C-82DB-BA0DD04D691E.jpeg

that's awesome!!! I have intake envy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom