Vortec, 6.2, 6.0, 5.7, 5.3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.yopo4x4.com
Vortec, 6.2, 6.0, 5.7, 5.3

Guys, a friend of mine is planning to up-grade his 80 series.

Hi is seriously considering the V8 engines, the Vortec ones.

Witch engine should be the best and why?

Did anyone here already go through that conversion?

In order to keep the OEM transfer case, what kit are you guys using?

I was looking the article in the Toyota Owner Magazine, so I know that is possible, not much details there, so, what better place on earth than IH8MUD to figure out…

A search in the "hardcore" forum will give you a few threads to read regarding the swaps that others have done.

I missed something. How is a chevy engine an upgrade?

If you must, though, Marks 4wd from Australia makes the adapters you need. They are available through Advance Adapters.

Seriously, how is a chevy V-8 an upgrade for a 1FZFE? Maybe a 3FE I could understand.:D

advanced adapters is the american retailer for marks adapters out of australia, they will have an adapter from GM tranny to t-case. I would run the 5.3 vortec if i had the choice. Just remember to get all the wiring with the donor and make note on each wire what they came off of and where, It also helps to have lots of pictures and have a running vehicle to look at for reference..

I missed something. How is a chevy engine an upgrade?

If you must, though, Marks 4wd from Australia makes the adapters you need. They are available through Advance Adapters.

Seriously, how is a chevy V-8 an upgrade for a 1FZFE? Maybe a 3FE I could understand.:D

You clearly don't know much about the Gen IV GM V8's. They are truly an engineering masterpiece, dare I say on the same level as a 1FZFE. The only thing they share with the SBC 350's of yesteryear is the number of cylinders and displacement in some cases.

I'm about 2 weeks away from picking up a 6.0 out of 2004 Silverado to drop in my cruiser. Not using the stock case though, so I won't be much help there.

I was just poking fun. I do understand the GenIV V-8's as there are 4 Tahoes in our office fleet, and i ride or drive in one daily. Excellent power, and pretty good mpg's too. If one were to swap, that would be the way to go. I just happen to believe that the 1FZFE is great for wheeling. If one needs to tow, I would say buy a 3-4 year old tahoe for less than the swap will cost.

What about the 4200?

I was thinking the same.
Maybe a little easier to work on that the V8s while keeping the inline spirit.

Also leaves room for a turbo when you get bored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom