Vortec 4L60e low range performance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

Anyone out there that is running a 5.3 with the 4L60e transmission, using a toyota 60 series transfer case, how does the transmission do off road, from a low range perspective. Does the 1st gear have a decent crawl? I know there are other factors like diff gears and tire size, but for example, my old 80 series was a bit "fast" in low range with the A343 and stock 4.10 and 35" tires.

thanks for any input~!

cheers,

Joel

Hey all,

Anyone out there that is running a 5.3 with the 4L60e transmission, using a toyota 60 series transfer case, how does the transmission do off road, from a low range perspective. Does the 1st gear have a decent crawl? I know there are other factors like diff gears and tire size, but for example, my old 80 series was a bit "fast" in low range with the A343 and stock 4.10 and 35" tires.

thanks for any input~!

cheers,

Joel
The 1st in a 4l60e isn't very low @ 3.06:1 compared to 3.55:1 in a H42 or 4.84:1 in a H55. But the power of the LS will help make up for some of that with the auto.

It’s an auto so you have converter slip as well

My 62 has the 4.10 (or 4.11?) at the moment, and I’m currently running 35’s, about to step down to 34”

Thanks for the responses!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom