Wanted Volvo Portals (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for a set or even a single Volvo portal axle. East of the Mississippi would help lower shipping costs.

Hi, I have a set of 5.99 Volvo C303 Portals. I bought them for my fj40, but am considering not using them due to integration difficulties. Although the diffs are correctly offset the axles need to be shortened considerably. Also, after I put a shackle reversal kit and new old man emu springs on my fj40 for a 4" lift, strapping on the Volvos would put me up another 5". The hood is already pretty damn high, and considering that I'm also going to go from 30" to 35" tires, the total lift over when I bought thing would be around 11-12". Kinda scary. So unless I can make myself happy about that, I might want to part with these things.

Also, the 5.99 diff ratio makes the highway performance less than desirable, although the gear reduction on the nv4500 I have should offset that somewhat.

PS I'm located in Arizona and am looking for a parts cruiser...

I have a set plus parts, but they are sitting here in Utah. Let me know if you are intersted.

Dam stumper, whatcha asking for the portals?

Here is a quick break down of what I have...
Basically 1 complete set up of front and rears, but they have been disassembled. Just need to be put back together. I have extra portal boxes, both front and rear, extra axle and stub shafts. What they dont have, is brakes, suspension perches, steering linkage, or CV boots. All of those can be either fabbed up or bought. I have part numbers for just about anything on the Volvos, and a few other parts lying around. If anyone is serious about them, I can get them out of storage and take some pics.
Make me an offer on the price. I just want the cash to further fund Portal Tek stuff.
Located in Utah, just give me a shout if you have any other questions.

Russ
801-589-2028
russ@portal-tek.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom