volunteering..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok i think i talked to paul about this last year, but i called the hospital and told them i would be willing to get doctors and staff there in bad weather.

i am on the list again this year, i also was sure to mention the club over and over.

i know all of you can not do this but if possible you should call your local hospital and volunteer to do this and let them know what club you are with!:cheers:

got my driveshaft on the other day and fixed one of the lights that was out. It should be ready to go for inspection. I have several lights that the lenses is cracked, I'm not sure if thats okay or not.

Once I get a valid inspection I wouldn't mind helping out.

all you have to do is call the hospital, they will put you in touch with the right person to talk to, then they will call you at the beginning of the next season to see if you are still interested. they have yet to call me and ask me to pick any one up.

chris they might have a lot of people that do that down there, i bet just about every one down there has at least one 4x4.

alright i got a call from the hospital last night, to go pic up a few nurses, so since my truck has bald tires in the front i took the wife's truck, 95 4runner 3.0 and has bfg longtrails on it, well they suck in the snow, i picked up and delivered the first nurse with no problems.

the second nurse lived way off the beaten path, i got stuck once getting to her, thenonce i picked her up and was going out of her development, the truck turned into a pinball, i bounced off one embankment too another back to the first one, all the way down this hill, now i see that i have another hill to go up and i stopped sliding so i hit it to go up the next hill with some momentum, instead of going straight the truck went side ways and i came to a stop, 6" from going over a 10' drop off that kept going down.

so i did not get the second nurse to the hospital, and i could not find paul's # to see if he wanted to come pull me out. by the time it was over, there were 4 trucks stuck in this gully, and a backhoe pulled us out, he had to scrape the hills so he could get traction,and he had 4wheel drive with a diff-lock.

the nurse walked home, we were only about a half mile from her house, and i think that drop off scared her pretty bad, cause as soon as the truck stopped she jumped out, and walked up the road a bit, i got out and busted my ass, it was so slick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom