Volume Air Flow Sensor connector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone, I have failing wires at the connector to the VAF Sensor, which is causing poor acceleration and stalling at idle. Ive searched for a part number for the connector and wiring with no success. I don‘t think a new VAF sensor comes with the wiring harness. Any idea on where I can find a part number or who I could contact that may sell them? Thanks

94 FZJ80

3C0D0CFA-52C7-4362-9A18-ABED6786123F.jpeg

Hey everyone, I have failing wires at the connector to the VAF Sensor, which is causing poor acceleration and stalling at idle. Ive searched for a part number for the connector and wiring with no success. I don‘t think a new VAF sensor comes with the wiring harness. Any idea on where I can find a part number or who I could contact that may sell them? Thanks

94 FZJ80

View attachment 3271689
Are the WIRES failing or did someone undo the screws and yank on the wires, killing the VAF?

My bet is the latter.

There is a place that claims to rebuild the VAF, but not many have used them for reviews. I don't recall the name of them right now.

I think a couple folks have tried one from a Camry.

Do a search for "94 VAF" and see what you get.

Are the WIRES failing or did someone undo the screws and yank on the wires, killing the VAF?

My bet is the latter.

There is a place that claims to rebuild the VAF, but not many have used them for reviews. I don't recall the name of them right now.

I think a couple folks have tried one from a Camry.

Do a search for "94 VAF" and see what you get.
It’s definetly the wires. Just south of the connector, maybe 1” or so. When you press them or slightly wiggle it, the engine will stall. I can maybe cut and splice with new wire, but being so close to the connector I’m not sure if I will have enough real estate. Hoping that to be a final option.

I can supply a used harness ($$$$) or I can cut a pigtail off for you to splice in yourself. I think I only have one good OBD1 harness and 2 I am cutting up.

I don't cut harnesses, it makes the rest harder to sell.

The connector was serviced with the engine wiring harness that is discontinued.

I know where there is an NOS engine harness but it will be big money.

Are you still holding on to that harness Dan :rofl:

The VAF has been discontinued and trying to find a known good one is hard, once you do find one squirrel them away. Also I would find a known good harness and replace the whole thing. Not saying yours is but the harness over time will melt and short out by the EGR. Putting in another harness will allow you to apply some heat resistant tape to the harness by the EGR to protect your investment.

The connector housing and individual terminals are still available.
Housing part # 90980-10071 for about $11.
Each replacement terminal comes with 160mm pigtail. Part # 82998-12130 for about $7 each.

The connector housing and individual terminals are still available.
Housing part # 90980-10071 for about $11.
Each replacement terminal comes with 160mm pigtail. Part # 82998-12130 for about $7 each.
Sorry to thread jack, but can the VAF connector be depinned and put in a new connector housing (the 90980-10071 you mention)? I have plastic degradation but the wires and pins seem fine.

Sorry to thread jack, but can the VAF connector be depinned and put in a new connector housing (the 90980-10071 you mention)? I have plastic degradation but the wires and pins seem fine.
Sure. Why not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom