Volume Air Flow meter--which wires go where? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
note to self: Look at fsm first.

Well I went to install a new air cleaner hose today and I decided to take off the VAF meter connector--big mistake. :frown: I don't believe I am the first to remove this becuase a gasket is missing. So anyhow instead of disconnecting it like I thought the two screws I undid held the plug into the VAF meter. When I opened it a few pieces of metal fell out.

Here are a few pics. I need to figure out if I can solder this back together. I belive the metal may have been holding two of the prongs together. In the FSM on page EG-289 is a diagram of the plug--it looks like 4 wires connect--but there are only 3 female terminals.......

I bet vaf meters are expensive--could probably buy a whole new dog for Dan :frown: I had to use a cum-a-long to get the cruiser into "el garage"
2005 October 2500 meters part 3 030.JPG
2005 October 2500 meters part 3 034.JPG
2005 October 2500 meters part 3 037.JPG

Last edited:
If you call Christo, he may have a used one to sell, or he did a month or so ago when I worked there. I have helped repair or tried to repair that damage(for a customer that was in a hurry), the meter never really worked right again. ended up replacing it later any way. later robbie

powderpig said:
If you call Christo, he may have a used one to sell, or he did a month or so ago when I worked there. I have helped repair or tried to repair that damage(for a customer that was in a hurry), the meter never really worked right again. ended up replacing it later any way. later robbie

Thanks Robbie--I suspected as much. I'll give Christo a ring.

powderpig said:
If you call Christo, he may have a used one to sell, or he did a month or so ago when I worked there. later robbie

Robbie--are you no longer working at Slee?

bjowett said:
I'll pop the top from one of mine and snap a picture for ya.... LMK.

I would really appreciate it--buying the parts cost money but trying to get them over the border is a hassle. Not to mention the cruiser is my dd.

beno said:
Robbie--are you no longer working at Slee?

I think that's kinda an unspoken right now.

Brian,

Thanks--All the connectors on my board aren't connected--I am going to try with solder. Really appreciate you taking the time to help.

Thanks again,

Jason

Jason, don't try soldering even though it looks like you have to, I did the same thing to my MAF, after trying to connect them for over an hour I finally opened the top with a razor and was able to match everything nicely. Once you are finish just reseal everything with silicone. I have a spare MAF, if you want it I could fed ex to you.

Biff said:
Jason, don't dry soldering even though it looks like you have to, I did the same thing to my MAF, after trying to connect them for over an hour I finally opened the top with a razor and was able to match everything nicely. Once you are finish just reseal everything with silicone. I have a spare MAF, if you want it I could fed ex to you.

Thanks Biff--pmed

Funny I was sitting in the same place itching to go home yesterday to install the new air hose.... have the razor blade in my pocket :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom