Voltage in front turn signal and park lamps on a 1984 BJ42 24 volt land cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a problem...I have a turn signal and park lamp and side marker on a 1984 JDM BJ42 24 volt system on the American passenger side front marker (mine is a RHD). It has three bulbs in it....one for the upper lamp...one for the side marker and one for the turn signal...all are single filament bulbs....when I take bulbs out in various combinations the flashers and road hazards work in various combinations....BUT never works right with all the bulbs in place and sometimes it changes the way the other front flasher wants to work. All the wiring looks good and is uncut...and I went to the parts story and they have 3 voltage and out put combinations for the smaller bulbs. I replaced all three with the regular American combo. Any ideas ??? Thanks in advance

Are you using 24V bulbs JDM is 24V through out including headlights.
Your flasher relay may be the culprit it also is 24V if you decide to replace it.
Check and clean all your ground connections.

Are you using 24V bulbs JDM is 24V through out including headlights.
Your flasher relay may be the culprit it also is 24V if you decide to replace it.
Check and clean all your ground connections.
Dieseler, nope, on the replacement, I used American, 12 volt bulbs. I will look for 24 bulbs as the replacement. Thanks Larry

12V bulbs is your problem

Dieseler, nope, on the replacement, I used American, 12 volt bulbs. I will look for 24 bulbs as the replacement. Thanks Larry

I would be very careful what you do with the electricial on your cruiser. Using 12 volt bulbs in a 24 volt system it's clear you do not understand electricial systems. 24 volt 40 series electricial components are not common in the US and finding those can be difficult. Would get help before you burn something up.

24 volts bulbs are standard on a lot of older military vehicles and pretty easy to find. I removed and discarded a bunch them in the past when replacing them with 12 volt bulbs in military trailers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom