Vline VL2 install location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone found a place to tuck the Vline VL2 besides the glove box? I'll done some searching but haven't found any topics.

I had the same question—but I don't think there's enough room anywhere else. Behind the dash is a no-go, and the harnesses aren't long enough to tuck it elsewhere. And you kind of want access to it in the event you ever need to reset it, or change up some of the inputs, etc.

Darn, that's the nice thing about my BT45-TOY since I can tuck in under the center console.....though it doesn't have carplay

I agree with saucebox, I had to reset it once already and having it in the glovebox made it easier. I have had it for some time now and realized that I rarely go into my glove box anyway. I use my center console way more for storage of smaller items.

Not hijacking the thread but how does the apple carplay with this unit? I am new to the 100 series and think this unit looks like a great option. Do you guys that have it like it and recommend it?

Not hijacking the thread but how does the apple carplay with this unit? I am new to the 100 series and think this unit looks like a great option. Do you guys that have it like it and recommend it?

That's the only way I use it. As a bare HU with Android, it's...kind of lacking (for me, at least). CarPlay uses all of the power/processing/connection from your iPhone, so it's mostly up to date. I tried a couple of the Android apps (Waze, GMaps) and...they're just better when run from the iPhone).

There's a kind of trick to activate CarPlay—something like tap this button 10x in a row. I can't remember what it is, but after you do the handshake CarPlay just automatically activates (looks like an app, but no need for interaction) when you plug the phone in.

Wireless CarPlay would be cool—not possible with the VL2. But I kind of like that my phone is charged everywhere I go, so I kind of don't care about wireless. I no longer have AHC, so I use the LC pocket thing there to just stash the phone, and a little 6" lightning cable.

Wireless CarPlay Edit (a week later): there's a VL2 group buy thread going on, and someone mentioned that wireless CarPlay might be on the horizon. Best to check with VLine for the real info.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom