Visor coming down on its own

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When it's hot outside and I'm riding around, the visor comes down. Always at the worst time. During winter this doesn't happen.

Has anyone experienced this?

I understand the reason for this, but is there a fix, other than getting a new visor?

When it's hot outside and I'm riding around, the visor comes down. Always at the worst time. During winter this doesn't happen.

Has anyone experienced this?

I understand the reason for this, but is there a fix, other than getting a new visor?

I know this is going to sound weird, but can you tell if it (the visor) is rotating on the shaft (that runs through the visor itself), or at the end that clips into the little plastic clip?

Mine is doing the same thing. It's actually rotating on the metal shaft that runs through the visor itself.

If it's just rotating in the clip, a piece of paper or a small piece of tape or other rubbery substance will do the trick.

I know this is going to sound weird, but can you tell if it (the visor) is rotating on the shaft (that runs through the visor itself), or at the end that clips into the little plastic clip?

Mine is doing the same thing. It's actually rotating on the metal shaft that runs through the visor itself.

If it's just rotating in the clip, a piece of paper or a small piece of tape or other rubbery substance will do the trick.

So I went outside for a second to see and it's rotating on the metal shaft. Just like yours.

I took a closer look and there is a break on the plastic thingy. The one on the passenger side is not broken and it holds like a champ.

We're you able to fix yours, or do you just curse when it happens and move on?

image-2282573090.jpg

The tension is adjustable. On the outside (near the a-pillar) there's a phillips screw on the visor. Tighten it. Now my visor stays where-ever I point it.

The tension is adjustable. On the outside (near the a-pillar) there's a phillips screw on the visor. Tighten it. Now my visor stays where-ever I point it.

Holy simple fix Batman !!!

It took 4 seconds to fix.

Thanks.

I used to have this same issue on my truck and Doug G. fixed it in two seconds with the above fix. He's a genius, and a pretty nice brother to boot;)

Visor clip

You can also get ahold of Cruiser Dan and order that clip if the screw adjustment doesn't work. I got a couple of them a few years back just to have - 30 year old plastic in the desert SW isn't something to trust. Don't think they were more than $5.00 each, and maybe available at your local Toyota as well.

$.02

Glenn in Tucson

Ha! Yeah, I dealt with that problem for a couple years. Then I figured it out one day. So simple to fix, yet it had eluded me for so long.

This has completely saved my sanity. Today ... You are my hero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom