Visiting South Dakota in late August (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,

As the title hints, I will be making a trip out to South Dakota in my '94 80 series for some sight seeing and exploring later this month. My girlfriend, dog, and I are planning to drive out from Minneapolis, MN toward the Badlands and Black Hills to see the area and have some fun.

I was looking back through the past posts to this forum regarding recommendations to visitors, and I was curious if there are any other places to try and explore. An area that was recommended before was up Bloody Gulch and over Divide Road near Rochford.

My 80 has an OME 2.5" lift, ARB bull bar with an M12000, 285 BFG Mud Terrains, factory lockers, etc. so I'm not looking for anything crazy. I'm not looking for something that has a high risk of causing a breakdown as I will be a solo vehicle.

I was also curious if anyone has a recommendation of a map book that details some of the lesser known trails/roads in the area, as well as the geographical features. I did a little hunting online, but I don't know much about whats out there. I do have a GPS, but I like sitting down with a paper copy to try and get everything planned out.

Any suggestions out there would be much appreciated as this will be our first visit to the area.

-Kale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom