Visiting SD in June/July (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hank

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.lenzauto.com
Wife, kids and I will be visiting SD in late June and over the 4th of July. We intend to site see, camp and maybe do some light trails if we can find someone to show us around or find a safe place to go on our own. We have a Hundy on 285's that is otherwise stock. We are planning on staying at a Legion Lake unless there are locals with better ideas? Any advice? Any must see stuff? Any places, times to avoid? Kids will be 3 and 6. Thank you in advance for any and all advice.

edit- just saw dates for BHCC, is it worth postponing for a week? Are there trails we could enjoy in the stock 100 series?

There is a couple trails that we run during Classic that your 100 series could run (although without sliders I would probably shy away if you are only stock height), but there is plenty of vegetation that can do some pin striping as well, if you like your paint nice and shiney.

As far as during the other time, we might be able to round someone up. I am actually camping at legion lake over the 4th of July as well, so it would be easy to meet up and do some easy trails! There is plenty to see in the hills, it just depends on your interest.

I'll PM you my email address and cell # so you can give me a call if you wish.

Brian

DTC Pres
BHCC Chairman

Thanks for the PM. Wife and I will discuss over the weekend what we want to do for dates. Thanks!

Reservations are made for June 26th to July 5th at Legion Lake.
Kids can't wait. Silly question; how warm is Legion lake in late June?

Lake temperature or Air temperature??

Air temp can be any where from mid 80's to around 100 degree's. One never knows with SD weather.

Lake water temp will hover somewhere around mid 60's to a little over 70 at surface temperature. That obviously is all dependant on the amount of precip we may or may not get.

Glad to hear your coming to visit! Now next year you can come during Classic in July :clap:

What cellular service is good out there? I'd like to think I could go a week with out caring but that isn't likely. I have sprint which in WI has coverage that is marginal until you are 20 min off an interstate and then it is gone. I'll likely buy a phone and get service for the week out there.

USCellular? T-mobile? ATT? Verizon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom