Visible white exhaust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Definitely number two. Maybe number four. Uncertain is the ultimate conclusion. Uncertain is good. Probably rings and cylinder walls are tired. But, if it isn't a startup and deceleration smoke, then, I would entertain the possibility of the intake valve guide seals being tired, the cylinder walls are tired, and the plugs could look worse. Because it is reasonable to expect that the exhaust valves are hotter, then the exhaust valve guide seals are weaker, and it isn't a vacuum or duration of drip since last fired up kind of thing that you are experiencing, so I'd say exhaust.

I pulled two 2F heads, the current one was just the seals, and they all had compromised seals, with enormous amounts of tar baked on the top of the valves, the worst seals were the exhaust's, the worst deposits were the intakes. I'd entertain the idea that you could get one full decade before wear catches up to necessitate a complete engine rebuild.

Last edited:
Pulled the plugs tonight and here are the pics. None of them had actual oil on them but a couple are black? Plug 4 is the dirtiest by far.
View attachment 2698454

View attachment 2698455

View attachment 2698456
View attachment 2698457
View attachment 2698458
View attachment 2698459
Does this help narrow down if I’m burning oil? It’s enough of a cloud that when I take off from most stops it’s embarrassing and I need to fix the problem 😳...
Most likley that u need new valve stem seals, Can be done in drive way, If u have the right tolls Buz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom