Virginia Veterans ID through DMV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hugh Heifer

Less than 90 days!
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.stlca.org
Hi guys. I have just returned from an overseas tour and am now living in Virginia.
I discovered that the Virginia DMV will issue you a veterans ID card for a small fee. This is great if you are a veteran like me who is neither retired or disabled. Without either of those caveats I get no official ID that I am aware of. There are a lot of places that offer veterans discounts (Verizon for example) that this type of ID will do the job.
Hope this is news to someone in Virginia. It was to me.

California does this too.

Speaking of veterans discounts...
Lowes was started by WW2 veterans and give a 10% discount to all active service members and veterans. Starting in January you will need to have a "MyLowes" account and attach the proof of service to your account. (This is nothing more than a rewards account and sends you receipts and such so it is quite useful. Your account number is what ever phone number you provide.) Once you account is set and your status verified, you give the cashier your MyLowes number and 10% is taken of your bill with seemingly no restrictions. I have save a bundle and now shop Lowes instead of Home Depot exclusively for my major hardware purchases.

Also a prompt comes up on the screen telling the cashier to thank you for your service. I got into a conversation about all this some time ago with a cashier and she cried. It was quite heart wrenching.
But I got my 10%.

I get a 10 percent military discount at Home Depot, Lowe’s is overpriced anyways.

Everything is overpriced... But, the 10% vet discounts, at HD and Lowes, pays the sales tax... With a little left over.

O'reilly's and Autozone also offer vet discounts... In fact, I've found a number of retailers that offer vet discounts ... it never hurts to ask.

NAPA does, I show my VA identification card. I didn’t know about O’reilly’s or Autozone.

An Iraq veteran I know got ridiculed for asking about veterans discounts at Home Depot, a nonveteran behind him said he shouldn’t get anything special just because he is a veteran.

Just found out verizon offers a military discount. I uploaded my DD214. Same for Lowes. Hope they don't get hacked. My ssn is on that form. But will be nice to see a discount for each months billing. No idea how much for verizon. 10 percent for Lowes. It was a bit of a pain to get them to attach to "mylowes" card. Back and forth between online and in store, finally found someone at the cust service desk in store that was able to attach it to my card. Nice every time I see that discount.

Washington will also put it on your state drivers license. Just need DD-214.

The new Virginia licenses I think will have a vet indicator. I have not gotten mine yet but they will be the new ones that obey fed guidlines for travel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom