Vinyl rubberized flooring? Not mats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just like it says, anyone have any ideas for a source? carpet in an 80 just doesn't belong, It's nasty and it drives me crazy so many here pay thousands for seats or a console and leave the nasty 30 YO stained carpet...
Only source I can find is stock interiors.com. I reached out and even though they state custom made in the USA they wont do the 80 series, only the Tundra. Not sure I have tried factory interiors yet. To be clear, not talking pile type carper or Weather Tech mats, although I think they are Colorado based and maybe do custom:hmm:
Don't know I'm looking pre shaped factory fit and would consider something like what dynomat makes and take to a local professional to fit.

This is what I have. Tru-Fit Carpets & Vinyls by Vision Auto Pty/Ltd - https://trufitauto.com.au/
It’s from Australia shipping is expensive and takes about a month to get to the US but I think it’s worth it.

5CCA1B99-2A1C-4143-BBBC-B9CAC916CA41.jpeg

301E8D9F-46F4-499E-A021-30F370A2EE7C.jpeg

D045929F-663D-4857-B7F9-1BA66DD51BEE.jpeg

CE37043A-EFEF-47CA-A279-685B5B158EC2.jpeg

I ordered mine from Tru-Fit out of Australia as well. Been a few years since I ordered mine, but prices were very reasonable even with shipping.

This is what I have. Tru-Fit Carpets & Vinyls by Vision Auto Pty/Ltd - https://trufitauto.com.au/
It’s from Australia shipping is expensive and takes about a month to get to the US but I think it’s worth it.
Now you mention it, I did look into this and added a set to my cart and went to check out and the shipping doubled the cost.... Looks like you installed it yourself? How was the fitment and overall happiness with the results and product? This may be the front runner so far.
I have had the vinyl in a 60, I personally really like it.

Cheers
Was this more recent and any leads on a manufacture? I would value your opinion with the quality work you do.
That dynamat stuff looks cool. I’d like to see how well it forms to the contours of the floor.
Another front runner here. I may order a sample and do the rear of the front row seats back to the coming drawer system and mid seat delete. Cant go wrong with more noise and heat control!!! Looks nice and thick and easy/ quick to get... If I could figure out a adhesive backing that would hold and be able to shape it, it's a done deal. Just may do a small sample and take it to a local shop.
80’s came stock with vinyl floors (and seats) in some markets. I’ve got one and love it. I’ll post some photos when I get home from work.
Please do! I think I ran across this on partsouq one day but NLA..... I can look direct to Japan distro. Big thing is how far back the front extends and color. Hate to say it but thinking black.
I ordered mine from Tru-Fit out of Australia as well. Been a few years since I ordered mine, but prices were very reasonable even with shipping.
you install that clear glass yet? Want to sell them?🤣

You have to be careful with vinyl floors. If you have vinyl floors and you are in a area that gets much moisture it can accelerate rust a great deal. Any moisture that gets underneath the vinyl will not dry out easily and start floor rust. Carpet can breath and the moisture can get out.
got you. Bone dry here and only getting worse. Good call tho.
I'm hoping with the OEM Bronco rubberized optional flooring this would be something easier to get but they are keeping tight lipped on who is doing the floors for them if not in house.

A few photos. The car isn't where I am, so I couldn't get better pics, but you get the idea.

1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
21.jpg
28.jpg

Hate to say it but thinking black.

I've only ever seen gray, but there might be tan/beige out there somewhere (Middle East?). Black is unlikely in factory vinyl floor, unfortunately.

You have to be careful with vinyl floors. If you have vinyl floors and you are in a area that gets much moisture it can accelerate rust a great deal. Any moisture that gets underneath the vinyl will not dry out easily and start floor rust. Carpet can breath and the moisture can get out.
I don't think it matters that much if you are in a moist area... Vehicles I had in the north Texas area with vinyl floors all held moisture. Even worse is people think they can hose out the vehicle. If you don't have a good coating under it and clean any abrasives out from between the vinyl... it will start rusting. I always lived on dirt roads so maybe the abrasives were more of an issue and impossible to keep out. We really had an issue wit vehicles that had a leaking windshield etc... never saw water coming in as it went directly under... On the bright side... rest of the vehicles were rust free.. only had bad pans in them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom