vinyl flooring rip-off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jblueridge

SILVER Star
Threads
I bought "moulded vinyl flooring" from All Car Carpets in Australia.

Here are some pics from their website.
1576972528747.png

1576972551438.png

Here's a pic of what I actually received. No heel pad, no notch for the steering column and no fancy molding.
Their customer service said all was well and the molding, perhaps flattened by being folded and shipped half way round the world, would come back with some heat and carefully following the enclosed instructions.
1576972599084.png

Here's what it looks like installed. Lots of ripples, lots of sections floating in mid-air over the floor pans.
I paid good money for what seem to be 2 pieces of flat vinyl with some of the edges bound/sewn.
I was ripped off.
Buyer beware I guess.

1576973099412.png

1576973257933.png

Thanks for posting Onur. I assume those would be the correct part numbers for my BJ74?

I wish there was a parts guru who had my contact info and cc# on file, whom I could email and conveniently spend thousands of dollars a year on land cruiser parts with.... ;)

Thanks for posting Onur. I assume those would be the correct part numbers for my BJ74?

I wish there was a parts guru who had my contact info and cc# on file, whom I could email and conveniently spend thousands of dollars a year on land cruiser parts with.... ;)

These would work for your truck Ben. :)

Drop me an email. I am still assisting my friends. ;) I get a lot of lee way with work. :) Actually makes things enjoyable again for me.

I bought "moulded vinyl flooring" from All Car Carpets in Australia.

Here are some pics from their website.
View attachment 2162574

View attachment 2162575

Here's a pic of what I actually received. No heel pad, no notch for the steering column and no fancy molding.
Their customer service said all was well and the molding, perhaps flattened by being folded and shipped half way round the world, would come back with some heat and carefully following the enclosed instructions.
View attachment 2162577

Here's what it looks like installed. Lots of ripples, lots of sections floating in mid-air over the floor pans.
I paid good money for what seem to be 2 pieces of flat vinyl with some of the edges bound/sewn.
I was ripped off.
Buyer beware I guess.

View attachment 2162596

View attachment 2162599

A few years ago I bought the front mat of "molded" vinyl for my FJ60 and it had been imported by a vendor from Australia. When I received it looked much like this and was flat. My installation parallels yours. Mat did not and never has lain completely flat nor conform well to the curvatures of the Cruiser.

Live, Learn, etc.

Out of curiosity how much are the front floor mats grey in the top pic? My BJ 73 is torn around the heel area on LHD model

The Toyota floors are available in the US for stupid cheap. :meh:

Front and middle rows.

View attachment 2162615View attachment 2162616View attachment 2162618
You will need an HS-7 to get the part released though from a Toyota dealership.

So @Onur, a few questions. I can’t get that part number to come up on Partsouq or ToyoDIY. I assume your reference to an HS-7 has something to do with that? Not that I know what an HS-7 is. So how do you buy one of these? Maybe a dealer in Riyadh could help? I know they direct order a lot of parts from Japan over here. No issue buying one in the US or Middle East; either works for me.

More importantly, it appears that this mat might fit in my 1994 FZJ75. Here is a copy of the VIN and a couple of mat photos. Any advice on whether or not it would work?

Correct part number for mine, which shows NLA everywhere, is 58510-60780-03 for the front and 58540-90K43-03 for the “rear” (basically just under the seat). My front is fine so assuming the color is close I wouldn’t need the short rear piece.

397C414A-CDBB-4800-865A-CD17E61C52A6.jpeg

980E9BBB-E486-47FF-912B-F1451F19B706.jpeg

A490BF9C-83C7-492F-8BDA-571AE7071E4F.jpeg

Last edited:
More importantly, it appears that this mat might fit in my 1994 FZJ75. Here is a copy of the VIN and a couple of mat photos. Any advice on whether or not it would work?
The aforementioned vinyl flooring (58510-90L01-03) is designed for a 75 series... so it will likely fit perfectly. It also fits a 73/74 with satisfactory results. I'm guessing it is available in the US, only because of the abundance of 75 series mine trucks in North America.

Correct.

HS-7 is importation documentation needed to get the part released from Toyota here in the States only.

Not applicable abroad.

Last edited:
Correct.

HS-7 is importation documentation needed to get the part released from Toyota here in the States only.

Not applicable abroad.

So if I go to my local dealer in the US they will be able to order one for me? I looked up the form and it’s for importing a non conforming vehicle. Maybe I’m being obtuse but how do I use that form to import that particular part? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So if I go to my local dealer in the US they will be able to order one for me? I looked up the form and it’s for importing a non conforming vehicle. Maybe I’m being obtuse but how do I use that form to import that particular part? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can try. Most dealer parts professionals won't even know what to do with an HS-7 to get a part released from TMS here in the States.

That said, I just ordered 5 of each part number above. I am happy to put aside one with your name on it if you would like.

You can try. Most dealer parts professionals won't even know what to do with an HS-7 to get a part released from TMS here in the States.

That said, I just ordered 5 of each part number above. I am happy to put aside one with your name on it if you would like.

Yes, yes, yes, please. Just PM me with details at your leisure. Thanks 🍺!

Just for the sake of clarity, the HS-7 isn’t just for importing vehicles, it also applies to importing motor vehicle equipment (I.e. parts) that are subject to NHTSA FMVSS, which, oddly, floor mats apparently are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom