VintgeTEqParts FJ / BJ / HJ 60 / 62 Series Technical Solutions ........ (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello

I have not tackled any modle year specific decals yet

I took the time after the holidays last year / jan 2020

to study the under and well before the eager new apprentice of a retired bootleg Detroit Decal pirate

let’s be clear here for a moment back in the 70,s and 80,s
Gm ford and Chrysler etc had copyrighted most of the high end muscle car decals and there street rod divisions
Like Shelby , and GM who make the crate target motors
We’re greedy and would screw with anyone pumping out any type of reproduction. Stickers and decal

no internet Wild West going on like now either

I was very curious about this topic so I got my former
DUI lawer from the 2000”s. Whom helped me get out of some of some serious let’s just say 1986 Pontiac Aero Coupe 2+2
Crate 350 and flow master exhaust street racing trouble of my younger days

He was able to conclude toyota never copyrighted Any decals
And any print media FSM or owner manauls ones ran out long ago

some never were transferred or enforceable across the Pacific Ocean in a differert countries either

hence how sor .com has all the print media reprints known to man kind on hand here in 2020

hell they were banging out copied clones while toyota material. Handling was still offering the original oarnge 40 and 60 owners manuals for 9.99

sor was asking $20 +

go figure ?

so , for now no modle year specific ones unless you anyone. Has a creative idea to help me make it happen now ?

I get charged a artwork and set up fee for any new decals

and I pay more even then for it to be rendered in my name as my own works. Design property

if I did not do this costly extra step any shop could
Use my work say on eBay and F me in a lower asking
Price etc

I will brutally honest and totally transparent here on this topic:

I had to invest a few and I will leave it at a few ...

hundred dollars in artwork design time and then the whole addional legal rights aspect to the new emissions
Routing diagram white one

why ?

because I felt strongly it was a good move and a great
Way to help out a wide range of various land cruiser owners

remember :

- it’s Not modle year soecific covers 8/80-9/87

- Fj40 and Fj60

- I have also been. Told but not seen a example yet
It’s good on a Canada. Spec. Fj45 2F 8/80-1984 ?

if so this is killer kool !

I have in no way recouped the initial start ups to this decal
But a lot of folks have expressed interest so we will see ?

I hope it can help the masses like I dreamed up in the Skunk-Works Lab that late night not that long ago ?

If anyone has a installed photos of my new emissions
Routing diagram decal please pm me them
Or post here

I would be greatfull beyond words

I understand Matt's issue with the model-specific decals. I put my California spec 1985 label next to Nakman's for his 1987. The labels are substantially the same, but do have some differences. These difference seem to be related to different/changing emissions laws rather than physical differences to the vehicles (emissions equipment are the same for 1985 and 1987 FJ60s). I also suspect these labels are considered "smog equipment" and it may be technically illegal to alter the stickers (if Matt would produce a generic sticker). I recently registered in CA a vehicle originally sold in Oregon and as part of the VIN verification by the California Highway Patrol they needed to record information from this type of sticker.

1603904108092.png

I understand Matt's issue with the model-specific decals. I put my California spec 1985 label next to Nakman's for his 1987. The labels are substantially the same, but do have some differences. These difference seem to be related to different/changing emissions laws rather than physical differences to the vehicles (emissions equipment are the same for 1985 and 1987 FJ60s). I also suspect these labels are considered "smog equipment" and it may be technically illegal to alter the stickers (if Matt would produce a generic sticker). I recently registered in CA a vehicle originally sold in Oregon and as part of the VIN verification by the California Highway Patrol they needed to record information from this type of sticker.

View attachment 2479620

to be clear , there not considered SMOG equipment in any way

i will always and can do , Reproduce decals for the land cruiser community ..........

it's just my own experience and what i have been told by my DECAL JEDI MASTER i study under , model year specific ones

are super hard to market and re-coup any and all inital art works and upfront design and well the minimum order out of pocket can be a serious Dart to your back pocket too

nobody simply makes a 10 pc decal run and calls it a day .............

its a very ODD and strange bit world out there ?

\

1a1.png

Last edited:
@2mbb that is interesting, thanks for doing that. Looks like the only difference is the fine print at the bottom? Yours is ok to run in California, while I'm ok to run at high altitudes. Serindipitous given where we both live.. I took the fender off last night and wiped it down a bit, here's a better shot of mine:
IMG_2544.jpg

@nakman

@2mbb that is interesting, thanks for doing that. Looks like the only difference is the fine print at the bottom? Yours is ok to run in California, while I'm ok to run at high altitudes. Serindipitous given where we both live.. I took the fender off last night and wiped it down a bit, here's a better shot of mine:View attachment 2482584

these are exact USA SPEC. factory installed reproductions ......fyi

i was given some feedback by a client and fellow MUD Member from Arizona that one or both of these , he was not clear , aided him on buying some time and eventually obtaining some sort of waiver , not sure if temporary or long term ?

he purchased both on the same order .....

i was not aware Arizona had such strict emissions standards , that as i understood are enforced long term as well ?

1604176969400.png

1604176989567.png

Last edited:
Hello Matt, Just adding this here so others can benefit. I'll shoot a pm as well. I'm looking for the tower and the t item that is attached to it, see picture below with arrow pointing to item.

View attachment 2479584

I have 1 Fully Restored set up in-stock currently , both sections Media Blasted inside and Out , and also Ceramic Coated in Chassis Black , these little Unicorns will outlast the ravages of future Age and Time well ........

i will also comp. you a professional's sample of one of my first reproduction pet projects that it appears you badly need back in place again , doing what it was intended to do stating in 5/86-Later 2F :cool:

1604179253303.png

Hello Matt, Just adding this here so others can benefit. I'll shoot a pm as well. I'm looking for the tower and the t item that is attached to it, see picture below with arrow pointing to item.

View attachment 2479584

here is the Ceramic Coated restored Union Joint and Hose Bib set up i have available

it was media blasted inside and out

pm me for further details

thanks

this is one FLY Union joint set up ,pre-applied plenty of Teflon tape to make it a reliable install plug play call
It a day ...

156F9B95-37F8-4F0C-8874-BC2E61656B26.jpeg
49A08FA9-0815-4744-9F27-80DB6C166B80.jpeg
1E5BBF03-2F24-491F-9E4D-24EBADE5E122.jpeg
5AA84AFF-DB5B-4654-89F7-F5876F7C7D93.jpeg

Last edited:
i dropped this Decal off for the 62 series crowd , to get inital art work numbers maybe the 80's series too ?

can some folks chime in and let me know if this is a single model year or multi year run ?

thanks

I built frankeiNOStien here to see if it could be done

It can...

boy. Oh

boy

what a hunt for all the right sheet ! :rolleyes:

here is the Ceramic Coated restored Union Joint and Hose Bib set up i have available

it was media blasted inside and out

pm me for further details

thanks

this is one FLY Union joint set up ,pre-applied plenty of Teflon tape to make it a reliable install plug play call
It a day ...

View attachment 2485571
I think I had one of these in my dorm room in college

- lastly , i would like to begin gauging interest levels on a set of 2 reproduction FJ62 Glove Box Door face Decals ..............?

thanks
matt ...
I noticed you didn't have these, so I made them today for my 1988 FJ glove box. I've sent them off to a printer (gloss vinyl), but I'm not a decal guy so you might have a better suggestion. I spent a long time but couldn't exactly match the font...that said, these are a close approximation. .PM me if you want a proper file. - Roger

FJ62_Tansfer_gear_decal.png

FJ62_ATP_decal.png

Last edited:
you will get a stamps .com tracking # update email , here shortly

and well..............

more SWAG too :cool:

i always Include TEQ Prizes in every order

just like all the Breakfast Cereal boxes did growing up ! 🤣
I wish I got TEQ swag in my Apple Jacks....

i have other related Easter eggs down the pipe line in coming days ....................

62 folks ...............

66AE87CB-CA09-4C2E-BE7F-9F527889F11B.jpeg
EDA0AAA1-06D1-40F2-A0C0-C8B2743E7295.jpeg

I noticed you didn't have these, so I made them today for my 1988 FJ glove box. I've sent them off to a printer (gloss vinyl), but I'm not a decal guy so you might have a better suggestion. I spent a long time but couldn't exactly match the font...that said, these are a close approximation. .PM me if you want a proper file. - Roger

View attachment 2563255

View attachment 2563256
I would LOVE to have an OEM looking transfer decal that would illustrate the twin stick shifting pattern. Make it seem just a bit more factory.....

Hi Spook.. You've got an H55F, so I'm not sure you have the same sticker I made...or? If it is the same, then I'll have one extra I can send you if they come out looking good. I'll know in a couple of weeks. You can PM your address in advance if you want. If you want a different sticker that isn't available from one of our proud vendors, I'll consider making those for a small fee, but I"ll need good examples and exact dimensions. Roger

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom