VintgeTEqParts FJ / BJ / HJ 60 / 62 Series Technical Solutions ........ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My FJ62 is suffering from electrical gremlins with no obvious culprits. I'm thinking about just replacing runs instead of trying to figure it out ... my father was an electrical engineer but that s*** just baffles me. I'm not finding a website for ToyotaMatt. Where should I look please?

The SEMMS Bolts were not included in my order. Great customer service shipping these after the fact. Also the rear washer bag I ordered is perfection. Always a treat to get new OEM quality parts for a 33 year old 60.

you will get a stamps .com tracking # update email , here shortly

and well..............

more SWAG too :cool:

i always Include TEQ Prizes in every order

just like all the Breakfast Cereal boxes did growing up ! 🤣

Last edited:
Do these bolts also work for the idler pulley on the 3FE?

Please Post here or PM me some Photos close ups or maybe a parts diagram with what all you need ?

i designed the 2 kits tensioner sliders for a 8/80-9-87 2F FJ40/ FJ60

how ever , if you only need parts of the kit , say the LONG carriage cinch down tension bolts or the like for example , i can certianlly set you up straight ....

i am not 100% familiar with the whole 3FE 62 drive belts set up , its a totally different animal then a 2F was , and way way more complex ,

But ,

I should able to meet your needs , if i don't stock the needed parts , i can and will get them for you , in some way .............

so i got your back there , just take a moment and get me as h=much needed technical info as u can , photos and parts diagrams work best in this
particular situation ,

thanks for reaching out , you will be squared up in no time at all ..............

matt

Very Cool as usual.

Can you comment on the feel of the tape compared to Tesa High Temp Fabric Tape?

Your picture of the tape makes it look more plastic vinyl type.

are you referring to my battery cables ?

please elaborate

thanks ........................

Please Post here or PM me some Photos close ups or maybe a parts diagram with what all you need ?

i designed the 2 kits tensioner sliders for a 8/80-9-87 2F FJ40/ FJ60

how ever , if you only need parts of the kit , say the LONG carriage cinch down tension bolts or the like for example , i can certianlly set you up straight ....

i am not 100% familiar with the whole 3FE 62 drive belts set up , its a totally different animal then a 2F was , and way way more complex ,

But ,

I should able to meet your needs , if i don't stock the needed parts , i can and will get them for you , in some way .............

so i got your back there , just take a moment and get me as h=much needed technical info as u can , photos and parts diagrams work best in this
particular situation ,

thanks for reaching out , you will be squared up in no time at all ..............

matt

Here is a photo of the pulley and bracket. The bolt goes through the hole on the left side of the bracket and into the block which is held in place by the bolt in the pulley. I can get a measurement of the bolt if need be.

IMG_1467.jpg

Do these bolts also work for the idler pulley on the 3FE?

here is drive belts diagram ., please cofirm u hav this exact same set up
100% ditto

1586545830118.png

Here is the parts Diagram i think you need to use for needed parts verification purposes ............

a/c belt idler pulley tensioner perhaps ?

1586547129889.png

1586594387614.png

Last edited:
I'm referencing the Toyota Tape earlier in your post that has the Toyota P/N 82997-102010 (tape, Wire harness)

I'm curious if the tape is a vinyl type or fabric type.

Here is a photo of the pulley and bracket. The bolt goes through the hole on the left side of the bracket and into the block which is held in place by the bolt in the pulley. I can get a measurement of the bolt if need be.

View attachment 2267548

please measure the total length of the long threaded carriage tensioner bolt

from TOP of HEX head to Bottom of the Last thread .............

View attachment 2267548

This is the Set up u need ,

how ever it looks like your carriage bolt needs to be longer then my reference photos below ?

hard to tell by eye ?

good news id i have pleanty of LONGER ones all various size lengths in-stock

so were good , just need to have u verify this one tech spec. data #

millimeters / metric is preferred , but SAE is fine too

thanks

DSCN1445.JPG
DSCN1448.JPG

I have spare 3FE stuff at home if people need better photos or measurements.

My cache:
86C46A38-D39B-4E6E-8A16-01CC76CA1931.jpeg

It is roughly 3.75"

OK,
KOOL !

i have a carriage bolt approx 3 7/8 " long so we are 100% SOLID ......

You can simply go to my store and purchase either 1 of the 2 tensioner kits

i have listed

make sure u put in the check out Notes this : KUSTOM Tensioner KIT w/ GREEN ZINC BOLT . , this way ill know

or

u can PM me right afer u check out , and update me , i will process your order right away here now !

i have a post office dead line today of 4:45pm EST

so im processing last of my orders today , just so u know .............fyi

thanks matt

DSCN1451.JPG

My FJ62 is suffering from electrical gremlins with no obvious culprits. I'm thinking about just replacing runs instead of trying to figure it out ... my father was an electrical engineer but that s*** just baffles me. I'm not finding a website for ToyotaMatt. Where should I look please?

Please come visit us , and make your self at home , you are always welcome

we have a ever growing array of TECHNICAL , Videos , Movie Short , and some Killer ineractive totally OFF the hook Phun stuf to get into , on a friday with a few cold ones ..........

scroll all the way to bottom of main home page for interactive section TEq Phun house and Educational Center as well ...............

Thanks ....

erin and matt ........... :)

Toyota-Land-Cruiser-J60-740x50211.jpg

I have spare 3FE stuff at home if people need better photos or measurements.

Thanks for your help Randy , some times more then one Brain is need on these

Labors of Love we all have going on .......................

1586484463684.png

It seams more often then not , i hear , read on Mud , or get a Shop Hot Line call

from a FJ60 Owner with a Manifold to Down Pipe Gasket Nasty Leak ........:(

This Updated Parts TECH Thread Applies To: 8/80-9/87 FJ60 2F Engines

In my Professional Opinion , the original OEM Mounting hardware , studs and hex nuts

are a Outdated Design with the Flaw of Vibrating Loose over a extended period of

age and time , as the truck is driven , gets hot , cools down etc ........

so............

i decided to do something about this Topic using and applying Modern , Late Model

as in year 2007 - later , 20+ years of Technical TOYOTA engineering leaps ahead of 1987

old skool of thought ...........

So here is what i Got :

- the original Factory Gasket , is our best option and NOT flawed in my opinion or out dated either , its ROCK SOLID part

- I have Updated / Upgraded the 3 short original Studs , with Longer ones that include

a MALE TORX head , and factory applied Anti Seize / Combo Thread Locker compound

These New made in japan stude can be easily hand drived in with a Female TORX drive

socket like a hot knife through butter , see the pink compound on the manifold side

of the threads starts to liquefy the moment friction starts , and aids as a lubricant upon

installation ...........

- The longer Studs also help guide the Down Pipe / Front Pipe Flange in place

way way sooner then the old CRAPPY SHORT original studs do , a added bonus , and

primary reason i chose this JAPAN part # ............

- Now finally the Self Locking Special JAPAN Locking Flange Nuts , are a PIPE Dream

come True , they install with relative ease , and have a slightly reduced lip that Bites

the stud going on , this intern with the HAT or Flange ,. Virtually Eliminates

the studs or Nuts from EVER coming loose and producing that nasty and annoying

exhaust leak , they screws with My day at least :mad:

please review the below photos in Detail to see and understand all the features

and benefits i have outlined above in this TECH write up ........
...:)

Thanks
matt ...........

Here is Link , Please Click Here :

MA6211C1.png

MA4818B1.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom