VintgeTEqParts FJ / BJ / HJ 60 / 62 Series Technical Solutions ........ (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DSCN1553.JPG
DSCN1554.JPG
DSCN1555.JPG

Last edited:
A bit of Tech Thread History Lesson .........
:smokin:

corona virus supply chain delays ..............🤢 😷
i will update thread when i have stock

thanks for reaching out ............

:)

Thanks @DFXR - i'm hoping my existing studs and bolts are in good shape. But if not, I'll definitely be coming here. I also need to order one the tensioning bolt kits for my smog pump... so I'll be visiting @ToyotaMatt soon enough no matter what. I appreciate the heads up!

Hey @ToyotaMatt , any tips on removing the original studs? I'd rather not remove the manifold....is it possible to do that way?

YES ,

go to homoe-depot ,

and buy a small propane yellow tank called MAP gas

it burns hot enough to free up studs

but NOT Too Hot to melt them .........

u can tack weld a nut on end or use 2 nuts locked together

once cherry red , old studs remove with ease ..........

hope this helps ...

matt .............

Hey @ToyotaMatt , any tips on removing the original studs? I'd rather not remove the manifold....is it possible to do that way?

I just found This ! GREAT TECH .

i never heard of the WAX part ?

but im subscribed .............

Hey Matt: this exhaust kit is great. Do you have something similar for the manifold to EGR pipe connection? That seems to be a source of frustration for me.

I will soon !

w/ TORX long long studs too , special locking nuts too

if u can hang tight for a week or so , ill have the kits put together ...........

Another Related 2F Top End Plug and Play kit we have had since day 1 , is our Valve Cover Top Seals Grommets & Hold Down Nuts / Bolts ....

- 100 % Toyota Genuine Parts

- original and once replaced Top seals become Petrified by Motor Oil , and age & Time ........

- this causes Oil leaks obviously , but more so can cause PCV related AIR leeks , and minor base idle
spec's off in extreme cases ........

- so for good measure , when ever valve cover is OFF , NEW TOp SEALs , in addition TOYOTA

does NOT consider them a re-usable part ..........

- Note : when Installing my Kit , do ONLY 1 Grommet & Nut / Bolt at a time Never all 4

you will breach the rubber valve cover gasket ..........

i will eventually have a Much larger Kit involving these parts , a OEM Valve Cover gasket , PCV valve and

PCV grommet too ............

maybe the rear breather hose as well .......? 🤔

for added Bling factor if desired :

@ToyotaMatt - you keep adding things to my order that I will soon place. +1 for breather tube. Mine's hard as a rock. So... right now, my list stands at...

1. Tensioning kit for smog pump.
2. Possible studs and bolts for manifold to down pipe
3. top seal grommets and hold down bolts.

You keep adding cool stuff!

@ToyotaMatt - you keep adding things to my order that I will soon place. +1 for breather tube. Mine's hard as a rock. So... right now, my list stands at...

1. Tensioning kit for smog pump.
2. Possible studs and bolts for manifold to down pipe
3. top seal grommets and hold down bolts.

You keep adding cool stuff!

Thanks for the Kind words , Needed Parts Solutions in Complete KIT's & Plug and Play Format , that

contain as many OEM TOYOTA Genuine Parts as humanly possible to practically source ..........

is indeed KOOL ............ :)

Let's Talk Fuel , Petrol & Diesel for a while ..........

Starting with the most Important part of the Fuel system the Filter itself , with out it things

would go haywire real darn fast . Toyota's Last and Final Refinements to a Carburetor equipped engine

here in the North American destination market was the FJ60 Era Late Model 2F , The FJ40 came with

and much smaller version of the FJ60 filter , how ever there completely interchangeable ............

TOYOTA Refined the FJ40 Filter by making it taller , hence a greater Size taller filter Media and Reserve

in side as well ............

note : thread post in progress

I will Discuss The TECH behind the Various 60/63 Series Fuel / Petrol / Diesel System parts we Offer and

why each one is special in it own unique Nitch way .............

- The Gas or Diesel Cap is the most important one and a good place to start , in my opinion,

it seals out moisture , Debris , and allows one way Venting IN , to occur as TOYOTA intended ..........

- and if you live Out on the Perimeter where there are NO STAR's ,✨

a NON-USA OEM Locking Cap is the way to go ..........

Petrol Bandits DO Lurk ! ⛽

- to Begin with NEVER make the SAD choice of purchasing a PEP BOYz gas cap or auto zone only in a true emergency , you will hang your head low for days after your realize why ................:confused:

- first we have the USA OEM twist lock your used to seeing ..............

- then : NON-USA NOS Locking Cap #1

- next NON-USA Locking cap #2

- Finally OEM NON USA DESIEL cap , witch fits son a fj60/62 gasoline filler neck fyi........

- @CenTXFJ60 :smokin:

- note the new twist lock engagement tabs , a TECH update by toyota .........

and Notable TEQ Logo too ..............:D

DSCN1855.JPG
DSCN1856.JPG
DSCN1858.JPG

Last edited:
Next up is the NON USA NOS Locking , this is larger in dynamiter then it superseded cousin next in order \\\\

but was and is a TANK and BEAST ALL Cast STEEL Hard core .!

-50 states SMOG Legal too ..............

Tufff as Nails

Note :

the gasket thicknesses :

BF2BB9FA-3D46-43F7-9C76-53CEFC67B21A.jpeg
A40015A9-4CF3-49DF-995E-0643E71C65CB.jpeg

DSCN1665.JPG
DSCN1659.JPG

Last edited:
comes with 2 OEM Snappy TEq vintage Master Keys and a Vintage parts Box .........

DSCN1859.JPG
DSCN1860.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom