Vintage TOYOTA LOCKSMITH SHOP T-TEN Certified & Trained Lock & Key Cylinder Service & Repair, Factory SST Machine Code-Cutting Re-Key & Re-Coding (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
vintageteqparts.com
DSCN1031.JPG

" Small Business Store Front Open ! "

If u need Lock & Key service Including SST Machine Cut Keys to your Factory Code

Your in The Right Place .........:idea:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
___

__

Welcome to the Small Business Store Front
for
Rising Sun Mechanical

Lock & Key Service, Cylinder Repair Factory Code Cutting SST Machine Re-Key & Re-Coding Service

Vintage TOYOTA LOCKSMITH Specialty SHOP

T-TEN Program Graduate, Certified & Trained Master Tech.
Circa. 1998

Lock & Key Cylinder Service
&
Repair's, Factory SST Machine Code-Cutting Service

Re-Key & Re-Coding of ANY TOYOTA LOCK

What we do :

Update 10/10/2019 :
💥
We now Cut By The Factory Key CODE 1992- Later 💥
TR-40 TR- 47 FJ80 Series , FJ100 Series

- Make
Fresh Crisp Sharp OEM Toyota First Generation Double sided ( 1973-1991 ) Key's Cut to your Vintage Toyota Vehicle's Unique Factory Key Code you provide us

( this is commonly refereed to as a TR-33 or X137 key blank at a hardware store )

- Re-Key & Re-Code : NOS , New & Good condition Used Vintage Toyota Ignition & All Door Lock cylinders, including Fuel doors to Your key code and or a Good condition working Master Key you Provide us

- Make
every effort to repair a broken Lock Cylinder with the NOS repair parts inventory we still have available to us on hand , but keep in mind age & time cause corrosion & excessive free-play wear

- The Cylinder either can be repaired or it can't , there no such thing as rebuilding or refurbishing a Vintage toyota lock cylinder , the best ones that Can be repaired are the ones that have used the Least amount of times in there life ..........

- Your Factory Key Code for a 1975-1998 Vintage Toyota vehical is stamped on the Inside of the passenger side door Lock cylinder Only , it is NOT stamped anywhere else , you must Remove the Lock cylinder Completely , take photos of ALL the stamped numbers on it and send me a PM with the Photos attached , this way together we can decipher the hand stamped numbers and letters & Double Verify we have the Correct Code sequence

- Except the Original set of New Keys your Vintage Toyota was sold with New at the Dealership , CODE was stamped on the side of the shaft , Please see example below K0420 or W1234

- on 1973-1974 Land Cruisers there is NO Double sided key code stamp on the Land Cruiser due to the single side driver side door lock set up and double sided ignition & fuel door set up

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

11/24/2019 We are Very SAD to Report : :confused:

- We NO LONGER will be Code cutting the First generation Single Sided type
Keys
1956-1972 , TOYOTA discontinued ALL the Factory Blanks and Aftermarkets ones DO NOT WORK Well Enough to Continue our passionate Work ......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
- What we can't do

- What we Don't do yet ;)

- What we Won't do

-

- Repair or Fix Very Old , rusty , corroded, or Forced entry damaged Locks
it either can or can't be fixed or repaired , there's NO charge or fee for us to evaluate your lock cylinder in question to see if that's possible once u Mail to us to do just that.........

old skool toyota.jpg

Last edited:
Basic fee structure :

- SST Machine Code Cut OEM all silver metal TOYOTA & TEq NOS Key

- SST Machine Code Cut OEM Black Plastic Top TOYOTA Key

1.2.jpg
1.1.JPG
1.JPG

DSCN9829.JPG
DSCN9833.JPG

Last edited:
- Equipment & Trade-Craft SST Tools

DSCN8500.JPG
DSCN8502.JPG
DSCN8508.JPG

Last edited:
- Equipment & Trade-Craft SST Tools

DSCN8579 - Copy.JPG
DSCN8580 - Copy.JPG
DSCN8653.JPG
DSCN8654.JPG
DSCN8657.JPG

these keys are top notch. I was one of his first cut customers. I gave him my original code and my current ignition code and he made a great set of exact keys!! I can only tell the difference by wear on the older set. lol. very good quality and customer service. I highly recommend!!!!

I recently picked up a FJ40 project that had been sitting for a long time in a yard. No keys came with the sale of the vehicle. I removed the passenger lock core and cleaned it up a little to reveal the key code and sent Matt a PM.

He quickly responded and was more than excited to help out. A PayPal payment later he had 2 NOS keys cut and shipped out to me with tracking information. I was excited to try them out when I opened the package. Matt suggested I service the locks with a lubricant and the keys worked perfectly.

Well worth the time and money to know it’s going to be done right the first time. Highly recommended for any lock and key service.

I've used Matt already as well. I had one ignition key that was a copy of a copy (of a copy), no door/rear hatch key (1974), and in need of an additional lock for a second fuel door. Matt was able to make an OEM ignition key, source and key a second fuel door lock, and supply two lock gaskets. So now I've got one key for the ignition and two fuel doors. Very happy.

Since everyone likes pictures: two fuel doors that use a single key identical to the ignition (with the little gasket underneath the locks).
fullsizeoutput_739.jpeg

Just received two keys cut from the cylinder codes for my FJ62. They work great and Matt was a pleasure to deal with. Would recommend!

Matt cut two 90999-00034 keys for my newly acquired 78 FJ40. They fit like a glove! And thanks Matt for the directions on lubing the old locks in preparation for the new keys! Pleasure to deal with and fast service and shipping!

Shoot, I meant to copyright that angle! 😎

Looks great! I'm guessing the rising sun in the reflection wasn't an accident! 👍

Shoot, I meant to copyright that angle! 😎

Looks great! I'm guessing the rising sun in the reflection wasn't an accident! 👍

Thanks !

The Rising Sun Reflection was just there , a Totally un-planned bonus , once i noticed it though I took Full Advantage

and set up my Mini Tri-Pod :grinpimp:

Today , we are Re-coding / Re-keying a 1989 FJ62 Ignition Lock Cylinder , My Client provided his Factory Key Code , so i was able to

use my SST Machine & Cut a crisp , sharp , fresh & true OEM Key Blank , I then extract the tumbler Core with a SST locksmith tool .

then the Phun really begins , as I swap out the various Tumblers to match the new Key code , once that is complete i re-install

the Tumbler Core , Test key both sides / flip again , then once more . Success ! , the lock assy. operates smoothy ..............

time for a 🍺

Last edited:
OK,

next up is a Fuel Door Lock Cylinder Repair & Re-code / Re-Key due to attempted forced entry .............

- First the Face cap is CUT off and pried clean away

- Next the Tumbler core is extracted using a locksmith SST

- The tumbler core is de-greased , & Media blasted , this one was heavily corroded BAD

- now, I measure the Cut Depths using a SST and install the correct corresponding # tumblers with all new springs as well

- i lube everything up with di-electric grease and then big moment , The key turns and rotates Freely !

- now its 🍺 time

- i then use another SST to press on the New face cap with 32 lbs of pressure / force

- The Repair and finished End product operates smoothly & has a Factory Level of High appearance & Finish as well ,

Primarily as a result of Media Blasting the parts post cleaning , & SST install of New stainless steel OEM Face Cap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom