Vintage SOR Brush Guard - What's a fair price? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello! I picked up a 1979 FJ40 with a Vintage SOR Brush Guard as confirmed by them. I like the look without the brush guard and have someone interested in buying. What's a fair price? I have seen the whole gammit on ebay and elsewhere. Pictures attached for reference.

IMG-5514.jpg

IMG-5722.jpg

Are you still in Shaker Hts? Pretty sure I saw this 40 drive past me in Lakewood a while back. There's another beautiful 40 in Shaker and a few more around the area. Post up a thread of your 40 please, I'd love to hear it's story! Not too many of us here in Ohio!

Are you still in Shaker Hts? Pretty sure I saw this 40 drive past me in Lakewood a while back. There's another beautiful 40 in Shaker and a few more around the area. Post up a thread of your 40 please, I'd love to hear it's story! Not too many of us here in Ohio!
Hi Diana! I bought the one you used to see in Lakewood. It’s now in Shaker just up the street from the Freeborn Red one (chestcutter here on Mud). Where are you?

I'm in Chesterland, MJM is nearby as well, I'm pretty sure he still has a 40. There are a few in Akron now too. Post up your rig in a separate post, I'm sure the guys would love to see pics and welcome you to the family!

Really hard to put a true value on these. Within the last five years did some trading with a member of some PTO parts. We met in the middle because of the cost of shipping long driveshafts. When we met he gave items he planned on throwing away if I didn't want them. One of them was the brush guard on the 79. Thought the other style that bolted directly to the bib was sold by SOR at some point. I perfer the style on the 79. Really like the Aussie style @lcwizard made at one time except that style does not work the factory PTO winch.

I'll give you $200 for it, if that helps!

I have the same one from SOR. I bought mine together with the heavy duty bumper and iirc it was under $400. That was in the early 1990’s.

AFA02202-F9FA-4699-B84F-9FB01AE9BA11.jpeg

I wish @lcwizard would bring back his Aussie brush guard that would work with a PTO winch but do not see that happening. This old SOR does have one advantage. These break down and would ship a lot cheaper. Dave's (lcwizard) is close enough I could pick it up in person but cost of doing one off would be prohibited.

I paid $150 plus shipping last year for my vintage brush guard, a different brand (Con-Ferr) but rare as a hen's tooth.

View attachment 2718026

SOR use to sell these. No mention of ConFerr. Could be the ConFerr emblem in the center. 1996 Specter catalog was priced $125.
20220618_144029.jpg

I have the same one from SOR. I bought mine together with the heavy duty bumper and iirc it was under $400. That was in the early 1990’s.

View attachment 3037068

In 1996 was $205.99 for the heavy-duty grill guard ($80), the heavy duty brush guard ($70) and heavy-duty bumper ($55.99).
20220618_144149.jpg
20220618_144044.jpg

Neither the two piece brush guard or the square tube bib guard are available anymore.

Good to know where mine came from. Always wondered.

Sure some here would be curious what it sold for. I know I would even though I have no plans on selling mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom