Trade Vintage Kyoto Kikai 6-Piece Wrench Set with Metal Clip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dmamj

SILVER Star
Threads
This has been in my collection for a few years, and although I use all the tools in my garage to turn screws, nuts, and bolts when I need to, I couldn't bear to use this set made by Japanese company Kyoto Kikai Co. Kyoto Kikai is separate from Kyoto Tool Company (KTC, the company which made many tools for Toyota tool kits), but I believe Kyoto Kikai and KTC are from the same lineage.

Don't believe this 6-piece set has ever been used, and has seen the light of day only as often as I've taken it out to gawk. I'm relatively certain Kyoto Kikai ceased operations in 1975 or 1976, so this set cannot be later than that. Judging from the graphics on the box I think it's from the early 70s. The box has a hole and one of the flaps on the end is broken off (the cardboard is brittle, and the flap only came off as a result of my bumbling hands). Original literature is still stapled to the inside of the box, and the set comes wrapped in its original baggie. The metals used in the wrenches are the same as many of the Toyota spanners: nickel, chrome, and vanadium. The "S" after the JIS simple denotes "Spear" or spear-type ends. You might find "H" (Hard) or "N" (Normal) on other spanners from Kyoto Kikai from this period. The logo is called the "Single Marukyo". Single, because the logo is inside of a single circle. I think (I wish I knew for sure) that the Single Marukyo was exclusive to Kyoto Kikai, whereas the "Double Marukyo" was exclusive to KTC. Old KTC spanners are called "Double Marukyo" and the logo is inside (you guessed it) a double-ringed circle.

6-piece Toyota Motor spanner sets made by KTC sell in the $150 - $200 range. This set isn't Toyota, but comparable in design and quality. Would like to trade it for either a Toyota 6-piece set, or a set of 3 wood-handle screwdrivers with TOYOTA MOTOR on the ferrule. Inquire within.

IMG_0758.jpg
IMG_0757.jpg
IMG_0756.jpg
IMG_0755.jpg
IMG_0754.jpg
IMG_0759.jpg
IMG_0753.jpg
IMG_0752.jpg

Still available for trade for a decent Toyota 6-piece set , or a set of 3 wood-handle screwdrivers with TOYOTA MOTOR on the ferrule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom