Vintage Air for 5.3 L.S. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for recommendations for my 65 FJ40 w/ 5.3 Vortec/4l60e. Per Vintage Air, the Surefit used in Land Cruisers won't work for my application. I was advised to look into Universal applications. If anyone has put Air into this application, I would be grateful if you could advise. If you didn't like what you would went with, that info is helpful as well.

I'm curious why they say their system will not work for you. I would think that mounting a factory compressor on the 5.3 could be plumbed to the rest of their hardware. Would really like to hear.

Last edited:
I’m running their gen IV unit in my 73’ 5.3/H55 FJ40. Also have it hooked up to the stock denso 10s20f compressor. Just had to make a few custom lines. Don’t see why it wouldn’t work in a 65.

BE774A48-D774-4426-8882-6B6F7207BE98.jpeg

470413A0-0203-45D1-8D96-FFD5A39A7B0A.jpeg

I curious why they say their system will not work for you. I would think that mounting a factory compressor on the 5.3 could be plumbed to the rest of their hardware. Would really like to hear.
I can't articulate why. I'll call them back and try to get more info.

They don't want to think outside the box. Everything except the f/2f compressor and mount will work . There are adapters for the ls compressor to oring fitting, example.
LS AC Compressor Adapter Fittings for 10S17F & 10S20F Repair Kit 451-1105 451-1106 https://a.co/d/4G1Gn3K
Some custom fittings , crimp and finding a home for the dryer/pressure switch your good to go.

It seems others are having good luck with the factory LS compressor. I had no oe compressor and was told not recommended due to wrong capacity. Ordered mine through a VA dealer and sold me the compressor mount and 708 compressor with the kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom