Vin # question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to know if there is a spot i can go to, and put my number in and find out info like what month it was built in. the reson i ask i think my 60 is a 80 1/2. i am having some exhust problems and when i went to SOR to look for the part mine looked more like an exhust for a 80 FJ40 then a 81 FJ60.

So, the build month is posted on the name plate that is on the drivers door jam. If you post up your VIN I can look it up for you, but this should help, too. I don't know what you mean by "80 1/2" since it doesn't appear that production started until August 1980.
Frame number notice.JPG
frame number referece 1980.jpg

the vin # is jt3fj60g5b0007203. the reason i say 80 1/2 when i bought it in 2002 the only person that had a fj60 told me that it was a mid production and i just took him at his word. thanks for the help.

the vin # is jt3fj60g5b0007203. the reason i say 80 1/2 when i bought it in 2002 the only person that had a fj60 told me that it was a mid production and i just took him at his word. thanks for the help.

That VIN comes up with a build date of 2/1981
frame number reference 1981.jpg

The other place to look for build date is the plate on the door jamb. My 82 and my 90 both have the build month/year listed on the build plate.

Tony

Realize too, that it's entirely possible parts were "grafted" on to your engine/exhaust that are for a different model or year... What you have may not be what is supposed to be there.

A lotta sh*t can happen to a vehicle in 29 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom